The purpose of this role is to develop and oversee the construction safety and industrial hygiene programs for Motiva's Major Projects organization.
Responsible for developing and managing safety programs for Motiva's Major Projects organization to ensure a safe and secure workplace and facilitate compliance with all applicable regulations, Motiva Management System and the Motiva Code of Conduct.
Provide technical support for deliverables identifed in the HSSE Activitiy Plan for all Major Projects during the design/engineering and field construction phases of Projects.
Coordinate the implementation and assess the effectiveness of the HSSE-MS and associated requirements. Including but not limited to the following:
- Develop a set of rigorous safety KPI’s that drive a safety culture and behavior.
- Develop, manage and maintain a detailed Safety reporting dashboard
- Perform routine detailed audits on each project to ensure compliance with the safety standards and to assess overall safety culture and behavior
- Implementation of a leading safety indicator program
- Provide education and training on the Safety program, requirements and culture to the project/contractor teams.
- Facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture grounded in a behavior based safety program for employees and contractors
- Develop and Implement safety procedures for construction projects including but not limited to security, emergency response, incident reporting & investigation, safety observation & near miss program, learning from incidents and safety requirements.
- Work with appropriate Asset Managers and respective safety organizations to ensure compliance with site procedures when implementing major project within an existing facility.
- Responsible to assure the functional capability of the Safety program for the MPO. Including ensuring that people have the appropriate health and safety systems, tools, training (including field and office on boarding) and approaches to achieve MPO HS goals
- Coordinate the interface of Safety personnel with execution scope (project, construction management) so that HSSE goals are achieved while optimizing project performance including but not limited to establishing appropriate action points (triggers) for stop work authorities.
- Setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a dynamic business environment.
- Understanding the unique safety, emergency management, and regulatory challenges/issues of the organization.
- Working across multiple contractor companies to establish credibility and trusted working relationships that drive a incident-free workplace.
- Multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Supervise appropriate staffing based on three major projects and any future major projects at their respective locations, including off site parking and lay down areas.
- Position located at Port Arthur, TX
- Manage costs within defined budget
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years combination experience in managing safety programs on large mega construction projects with >8,000 contractors.
- Petrochemical industry experience required.
- Functional knowledge of U.S. government regulatory processes and civil/criminal laws that affect safety management in the United States related to the Petrochemical Sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the Motiva organization from individual contract workers to senior business leaders.
- Ability to provide both written and verbal briefings to multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.