The Major Projects Controls Manager leads the overall project control Cost Estimating team to execute project control processes, procedures, and work activities. Determine the gaps based on current performance status and recovery plans for projects between the owner project teams and engineering and procurement and constructioncontractors/consultants from project development, engineering, construction, and operations (from concept through operational start-up).
- Responsible for the overall delivery and quality of the Project Controls Cost Estimating to the project.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of the weekly performance reports for rollup into the monthly corporate CAPEX forecasting/project accruals.
- Responsible for the overall Quality, Integrity and Transparency of performance data collected for external benchmarking and project team reviews.
- Responsible for project controls Cost Estimating performance data collection, analysis, and reporting for project team review.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring reports related to total spend associated with major projects including: Departmental KPIs, performance trend analysis and reporting, and other project related reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project controls with standardized Motiva processes to manage major project capital and expense portfolio project engineering cost, planning and scheduling, costs estimating and forecastingreporting activities of all major project control services.
- Responsible for project control Cost Estimating interface for projects executing during turnarounds and various sites
- Ensure consistency of project control activities with SAP and other company based financial and accounting systems.
- Bachelors degree in Technical discipline. (Prefer Engineering Related)
- 12+ years of professional experience with chemical plants and/or refineries (major projects, construction, and major turnarounds)
- 3+ years of experience in a managerial/supervisory role in a project controls department.
- Sound understanding of all facets of project controls (e.g., budgeting, estimating, scheduling/planning, progress monitoring, analysis and reporting.)
- 4+ yearexperience working in Cost Estimating in a chemical plant.
- Strong knowledge/expertise with construction and/or turnaround projects.
- Good understanding of the stage gate Project Execution Process and global competitive benchmarking strategies.
- Sound understanding of SAP or equivalent financial/accounting system as related to projects (e.g., experience with systems using work orders, work breakdown structure, requisitioning, service entry, invoicing processing, commitments, etc.)