The Front-End Development Director (FEDM) is responsible and accountable to lead the development and delivery of the Pre-DG3 phase of the project in accordance with the technical specifications, HSSE requirements within schedule and budget with a well-defined, competitive, and credible concept, aligned with agreed premises and within the approved risk framework for large capital projects.
- Lead Front End Development Team
- Delivery Results through Others
- Build Shared Vision
- Deliver Premised Project Performance
- Quality of DG3 Scope Package (VAR3)
The FEDM Leads the Front-End Development (FED) teams.
- Manage Project Interfaces and Project Complexity
- Lead Feasibility (Assess) and Scope development (Select) Teams
- Identify, Frame and Evaluate Alternatives
- Technical integration and Leadership across all disciplines
- Accountable for the Technical Success of the project
- Deliver the Value Proposition
- Progress the project(s) process technical team through MCDS Motiva Capital Delivery Standard (MCDS) from DG-2 to DG3 and/or FID.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of development of the project.
- Ensure quality of the technical governance of the project, including milestone forecasting, and obtaining technical approval for investment proposals.
- Assess areas of the project that require Motiva technical work, and Motiva assurance.
- Lead a team of Corporate staff and as required from the site and solicit input from the global Motiva technical experts as required.
- Responsible to define and deliver the project technical assurance plans.
- Report on technical issues to the DRB.
- Support the asset teams to ensure technical governance dovetails with the ECOP aspects of the project.
- Member of the Large Project Central Team
- Assess and deliver the strategic venture technical influencing strategy by contributions to and ownership of relevant areas of the risk based governance model, as endorsed by the DRB's and DE.
- Primary focal point for technical development discussions, work program and budget (WP&B) approvals, IP approvals.
- Ensure the best use of Motiva's technical capability. Steer Motiva project governance activities and technical resource alignment and CTR management.
- Ownership of the technical assurance model and sign off.
- Responsible for cost, schedule input into the annual business planning, progress management reporting dashboards (as applicable). Contributor to Investment Proposals (IP).
- Provide input into any commercial negotiations such as joint operating agreements, sales agreements, as appropriate.
- Lead the development of the Feasibility Report in Assess
- Lead the development of the Conceptual Design
- Facilitate the Concept Select Review/Approval
- Technical Scope Package at DG3 (RL P&IDs, BOD, HazOp, etc.)
- Provide Support for Define phase activities
- Participate in Assurance/Challenge/Review
- Participate in Project Funding Proposals/BOT/DRB
- Participate in Business case development
- The person in this new position will need to establish the identity and awareness of the activity it will take on and support it can provide across Motiva functional groups
- Evolve and drive delivery of new team in terms of schedule, quality cost effective scoping and within budget
- Managing conflicts with external counterparts while maintaining good commercial relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical preferred
- 15+ years of professional experience with chemical plants and refineries
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work both independently and across functions
- Project Management (Development and Execution)
- Process Engineering (Project Front End Development)
- Keen Business Acumen (Defining Value Proposition)
- Good communication, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated Facilitation Skills
- Knowledge of Refinery and Supply chain economics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Stakeholder management capabilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities across multiple stakeholders