Major Projects Director - Olefins will lead the project teams to drive engineering and construction via the MOTIVA stage gate process from concept through operational start-up working with the front-end development manager, venture manager, HSSE, project managers, GM major projects, finance, construction, project control director/managers, operation Integration at sites.
Develop overall EPC execution strategy plans for specific major project, working with the various subject matter expert groups, including Refining Excellence, Procurements, Safety, etc.
- Work with HR and the ELT to recruit appropriate personnel as the projects progress through stage gates.
- Coordinate with Front End Development manager, project managers, construction, project controls, driving scoping (Front End Development Process Managers) and execution of individual large or major projects as sub-sets of Major Projects
- Work with Refinery GM to coordinate construction timelines and local site integration items.
- Integrate equipment with the existing site operations and prepare for effective handover to Site Production Leadership.
- Coordinate with the Project Control team to establish all necessary project controls to track baseline plan, earn values, and actual performance/change management following Motiva project standards.
- Communicate with key stakeholders the overall (project, engineering, construction) progress and operational start-up status.
- Accountable for all work in process to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Accountable the overall, engineering and construction Status Reports for ELT review.
- Oversee equipment schedules to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Oversight on all Constructioncontracts, including subcontractors, and their performance (working with Contracts and Procurement).
- Develop plans and schedules for job sites, equipment lay down, contractor parking, etc.
- Ensure EPA and OSHA compliance (working with HSSE).
- Review and recommend improvements to proposed designs and planning.
- Obtain all necessary red-line information to plans and transitioning to the Refinery at the start-up, as well as new equipment specifications, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure reviews and approvals of all contractors' invoicing for work completed and related audits accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering Preferred)
- 20+ years of professional experience in the Chemical/Refining industry.
- 10+ years major ($500+ million) project managementexperience. (Example roles: Project Department Manager, Construction Manager, Project Department Manager, Turnaround Manager)
- Strong understanding of the stage gate project process
Note: This position may require significant travel between the Engineering Contracting firms and possible temporary housing relocation at the construction site based on the phase/stage of the project.
- 5+ years of experience with major projects in the Olefins chemical industry.