The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children's lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. , visit .
Major Gifts Officer, Mid-Atlantic Region
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director for the Mid-Atlantic Region, the Major Gift Officer helps to fulfill the mission and goals of UNICEF USA. The team develops and executes strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward $10,000+ gifts from a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects. The Major Gifts Officer will have this charge within the Mid-Atlantic Region—Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland and Delaware.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects in our market to generate significant support for UNICEF USA.
- Develop and execute strategies for each portfolio donor with the goal of securing a new gift, gift renewal or upgrade.
- Secure one-on-one in-person donor meetings and solicitations to establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support.
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals.
- Shape and edit donor correspondence such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports.
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database.
- Work collaboratively with the internal business units of UNICEF USA designed to assist the major gift program, e.g. special events, program services, communications, etc.
- Become knowledgeable on UNICEF's vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years' relevant work experience, with at least 5 years of frontline major gifts fundraising experience and proven track record of securing five and six-figure gifts
- Must be a self-motivated professional with a proven success record in fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player
- Must share a strong commitment to international humanitarian relief and passionately embrace the mission of UNICEF USA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and have experience using a fundraising database
- Ability and willingness to travel in the interest of donor cultivation and stewardship, as needed
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.