Major Gifts Officer
Our client is a leading philanthropic institution based in Manhattan. Since their founding over 30 years ago, they have invested over $400 million in programs and have awarded more than 3,000 grants to research teams worldwide. Fund raising goes on daily. They are currently seeking a Major Gifts Officer to Identify, cultivate, and solicit major individual gifts ($5,000 and up) from current and prospective donors. You will also and implement a multi-year major gifts campaign to support the organization's research and programs.
- Cultivate new and existing major donors and solicit major gifts.
- Work with the Manager of Prospect Research to identify individual major gift prospects.
- Work with the Philanthropy and Special Events staff to move existing donors to higher giving levels, create new fundraising initiatives, and develop appropriate solicitation materials.
- Maintain strong relationships with staff to anticipate needs and develop funding goals and strategies.
- Create short and long term strategies and outreach plans for the major gifts campaign and prepare detailed fundraising progress reports for the Director of Philanthropy.
- Lead one-on-one solicitations, and coordinate the CEO and development and programs' staff in the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Coordinate major gifts activities with the organization's overall plans and strategies, in particular, the efforts of the Special Events department, the Public Information program, and the Office of the CEO.
- Plan and execute major donor fundraising and cultivation events.
- 2+ years fundraising experience. Sales experience valuable as well.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing or managing a successful major gifts campaign is highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills a must.
- Must be outgoing and confident with strong closing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fundraising software, preferably Salesforce, required.
- Knowledge of the healthcare field and AIDS related issues desired.
- Opportunity for some travel.
Salary $90-$95K plus fabulous benefits