Your Role: What you'll be doing
- This position will report to the Major Development Upgrades Systems Engineering and Program Management leader.
- This position requires a mix of project management and systems engineering integration across a multidisciplinary team made up of several functions/IPTs in order to meet project and program objectives.
- This position will integrate and lead a team that will enable Extended Mission Capabilities in order to meet unique program objectives.
- This position will be a Product Owner and lead a Scrum team for these capabilities, identifying and developing a detailed implementation roadmap.
- In order to achieve this, this position will lead activities for Vulcan Centaur Development including; lead a team of systems engineers to facilitate requirements development, integration, analysis, failure mode analysis, test methods, operational process development, trade study development and management, risk, issue, and opportunity management, team and program execution planning, technical decision making, requirements verification activities, proposal support, and Gate Review preparation and execution.
- This position will also be responsible for delivering a capability that meets non-recurring and recurring cost targets and will be responsible for measuring against program targets.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or relevant technical field.
- This position requires knowledge of project management, building a team of multidisciplinary resources, as well as implement Systems Engineering and Integration processes and tools.
- Experience performing development, integration, and verification management is required.
- Knowledge of existing and evolving launch system or space vehicle development highly desired.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to resolve technical and programmatic issues is required.
- This position requires excellent written and oral communication proficiency in conjunction with organization skills necessary to maintain focus and achieve consensus within diverse multi-disciplined teams.
- Internal and external customer interface activities will require strong communication skills.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical knowledge in areas that drive launch vehicle design such as aerospace structural analysis and design, propulsion analysis and design, electrical analysis and design, software development, or system analysis.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter able to work autonomously, learn, tailor and execute processes & tools, and perform in a collaborative environment.