Major Business Development Manager
Territory - Central, NE and SE Virginia
The Major Business Development Manager, Cleaning, Breakroom & Facilities Solutions (CBFS) sales position solicits, sells, implements and expands potential new CBFS opportunities in close coordination with the assigned general line (GL) sales representative. The Major Business Development Manager (CBFS) expands relationships within strategically important large customers. Typically, these customers have multiple locations, which could be found across multiple districts or regions.
Job duties will include cold calling and prospecting for new business and working with assigned GL reps to assist in closing those opportunities. Quota will be achieved by consistently performing the required daily activities to build a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities, completing customer needs analysis, identifying pressure/pain points for all accounts as well as doing proposals, presentations and closing profitable business.
The position will also engage in customer relationships regardless of the prospects’ contractual status and proactively create an awareness and presence with non-Office Depot customers.
High school diploma, Bachelor’s degreepreferred and minimum 7years outside salesexperience in a related field.
* Strong sales skillset.
* Understanding of the customer relationship process, buying process and a demonstrated record of senior level customer contacts.
* A thorough grasp of professional and consultative selling skills to include a history of successful contract negotiations. The close cycle will/can range from 6-18months and will typically involve multiple decision makers in the purchasing decision.
* Fluid organizational agility (the ability to learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels).
* Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) skills and be able to present complex topics (pricing or service strategies).
* Personal comfort level when dealing with senior positioned customers in professional and social settings.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.