This leadership role is focused on Chubb’s commitment to manage and grow our Major Account segment by aligning internal resources to provide exceptional overall service to Chubb key clients and brokers in the New York Region. As a main point of contact for large customers and as the driver of opportunities for all applicable product lines, this role demonstrates Chubb’s commitment to deploy its global coverage and risk management capabilities to meet the specialized needs of large global customers. This approach, blending external client engagement with Chubb’s vast array of product capability leads to an exciting and fulfilling role as a Major Account Segment Leader.
Regional Production: Participate in establishing and executing strategies to achieve financial plans for all applicable product lines in the Major Accounts Segmentfor the New York Region.
- Strategic Market Visibility: Consistent and frequent contact with our brokers and clients.
- Continuous Market Cultivation: To assure Target submission flow for Major Account product lines and services
- Messaging: Promotion and understanding of new products and/or initiatives
- Presentation and cross divisional proposal coordination
- Market and competitor intelligence
- Drive the positioning and negotiations associated with delivering profitable transactions
- Cultivate underpenetrated accounts into more deep-rooted Chubb clients.
- Identify and foster key broker relationships in order to access the key decision makers for Major Accounts.
- Coordination and Leadership of Branch Office Major Account Plan for the Region working closely with Branch and Marketing Managers
- Provide appropriate guidance to line of business leadership on meeting the customer’s coverage and risk management needs.
- Educate line of business underwriters; develop a culture of cross selling that promotes the purchase of Chubb’s coverage and achieves a deep penetration of accounts.
- Provide regional leadership by building and executing multi-line customer retention and acquisition strategies. Define sales strategies, lead and drive the sales process, facilitate priorities and coordinate resolution of conflicting priorities on target prospects and existing accounts
- Influence activity and production by conducting reoccurring segment meetings.
Client Development and Servicing:
- Run the Region’s Client Executive (CE) Program and Client Advisory Board (CAB). Rotate members on and off the Board. Work with the Global Client Executives (GCE) to select clients that embrace the GCE role.
- Take on CE responsibility for up to 7 clients.
- Be a focal point for clients on a regular basis to discuss service issues including the execution of stewardship meetings.
- Understand client’s business and operations as well as risk management and related insurance purchasingstrategies.
- Know totality of current relationship, account profitability, key claim issues and areas for expansion.
- Communicate key account issues and strategies to the Chubb team
- Manage service standards by timely response to broker requests, setting of expectations and timely submission of quotations.
- Business acumen: Strong understanding of products, risk appetite and niches
- Proven ability to seek out new distribution sources
- Track record of high achievement in a team-based and results-oriented culture
- History of accomplishment in pre-qualification of accounts: To maximize underwriting resources and to execute a seamless interaction among the product lines represented in the regional underwriting management team
- Strong communication skills: To assure healthy exchange of information & impediments
- Ability to effectively interact with brokerage, customer and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Possess or quickly obtain knowledge of Chubb’s global capabilities and financials and ability to communicate that information to existing or new customers at all levels.
- 7 plus year’s insurance industry experience; preferably in a national account underwriting capacity (though not required) with good client and broker interaction experience
- Undergraduate degreerequired
- Excellent sales/marketing, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to people and process in pursuit of business objectives
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Excel required