The Major Account Representative-Blended (or “MAR-B” for short) position is a 90/10 “blended” role, meaning it will combine a 90% “hunter” (new business/acquisition) focus with a light “farmer” (account management) skillset, as explained below. This position will have a primary focus on our Commercial Property segment of the business. As such, we will be looking for solid Commercial Property portfolio sales experience and mid to C-level sales aptitude. Proven networking experience in the Commercial Property space and effective membership in relevant professional associations are preferred.
Hunter (90%): The MAR-B generates new account revenue in new accounts and revenue growth within existing portfolio accounts utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management waste, recycling and sustainability services to large, complex accounts. The MAR-B is responsible for prospecting and closing sales to new customers to achieve budgeted sales goals. The MAR-B develops and implements sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth at target or greater profitability levels by selling to new customers.
Farmer (10%): In addition, the MAR-B is responsible for managing existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted retention goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, demonstrated relationship health principles and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. The MAR-B will “save, secure, and convert” by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service within the defined territory will be resolved through this position.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Initiating business to business sales relationships
• Managing a Rich, Real and Right sales Pipeline through CRM (Salesforce) solutions.
• Developing detailed proposals encompassing multiple services
• Researching aspects of the waste and environmental services business
• Attending association meetings/symposiums as a means of networking and staying current with industry-and market-related information
• Building trusting relationships
• Providing high-impact Communication
• Able to identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal government regulations
• Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers
• Manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database
• Devising sales approaches and solutions
• Marshalling resources
• Sales negotiation
• Sales opportunity analysis
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of sales work experience.
• Experience: 5 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments, preferably in the Commercial Property segment.