The Major Account Manager will understand business applications and needs of customers. Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key decision makers within strategic accounts. Employ technology applications and services achieving revenue, margin growth and customer retention in an assigned territory of prospective and/or current customers within a market and/or product grouping.
Essential Duties of the Major Account Manager:
- Outside field sales calls and account reviews with current and prospective customers. Negotiate and maintain contracts for services within a geographic territory. Identify appropriate products and services to meet the customer needs, developing proposals to customers, closing and ensuring sales are properly executed.
- Preparation of prospective customers to include developing and implementing a personal sales plan to meet or exceed department goals
- Business development/relationship with key customers. Develop an intimate familiarity with customer's core business and their market growth opportunities. Maintain detailed knowledge of industry trends and issues of importance to assigned customers and industry segments.
- Operation activities, trouble shooting, and attend department meetings. Report results of sales and retention efforts to management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in telecommunication sales.
- Responsible for general knowledge of all relative products and services offered by GCI
- Ability to be responsible for developing and maintaining their product knowledge.
- Goal oriented, persuasive, motivated self-starter, professional in habits and appearance, capable of performing with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability of meeting established targets on a consistent basis.
- Knowledge of and successful utilization of document sales processes and demonstrated proficiency working with computers and common applications. (Windows). Microsoft Office™ and Excel required.
- Must have experience in developing and producing complex written and verbal customer proposals.
- Strong verbal, written, communication and effective listening skills are essential
- Experience in record keeping and organization skills required
- Must have experience in telecommunications, IT Solutions or media sales including experience with telecommunications or media related products including voice, wireless, cable, and/or data.
- Must have experience with developing and producing a variety of complex written and verbal customer proposals, responding to bids and creating account strategies.
- Must be capable of working independently, have experience in consistently meeting sales quotas.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; including interview techniques and skills; communication skills including development of written proposals and business plans and presentation of plans to both a one-on-one audience and larger groups of executive decision makers.
- Knowledge of and successful utilization of documented sales processes and demonstrated proficiency working with computers and common applications.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Sell company products and services to new and existing customers by analyzing and evaluating needs and equipment; determining potential improvements by applying detailed knowledge & expertise in understanding how GCI services will apply and improve customer business processes;
- Business development/relationship with key customers and prospects; Develop an intimate familiarity with customers' core business and their markets and growth opportunities in order to position and sell company products and services as enabling technologies that will assist the customer in advancing their corporate business plans. Create and maintain detailed customer profiles and log customer contacts. Develop leads for potential customers through demand generation events, professional associations and contacts, and other appropriate means. Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of industry trends and issues of importance to assigned customers and industry segments. Maintain productive relationships with vendors, , and internal Company stakeholders to facilitate attainment of revenues, customer retention, and product sales targets.
- Develop and implement Personal Sales Plan to meet or exceed Company and individual goals in assigned base of strategic accounts representing high growth opportunities. Prepares analysis and special reports reflecting activity and results of sales efforts and presents to management. Collaborate with other services staff to provide customer input. Meet with Sales Manager on an individual & ongoing basis to forecast results.
Physical Requirements: Requires inside work; non-standard hours to meet deadlines; interaction on a strategic, level with peers, senior management and interdisciplinary teams, current, new and/or upset customers, vendors or employees
Working Conditions: Most activities conducted inside under pleasant climatic conditions. While not in the field, desk position could involve data input on computers, heavy telephone usage interaction with customers, Vendors and other employees. Must be able to travel and meet with customers at their locations throughout their assigned territory and be willing to work flexible hours.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. You will be requested to provide an emergency after hours contact numbers.
- Minimum of six years of progressively responsible sales experience, to include a minimum of three years' experience developing proposals and three years' experience in customer service sales related industry consistently meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required. In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.
- Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.