Purpose of the Major Account Manager Position: Understanding business applications and needs of customers. Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key decision makers within strategic accounts. Employ technology applications and services achieving revenue, margin growth and customer retention in an assigned territory of prospective and/or current customers within a market and/or product grouping.
Position’s Customer(s): Prospective and/or current GCI Customers in a geographic territory, at a strategic level, CIO organization and IT department.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Outside field sales calls and account reviews with current and prospective customers.
- Negotiate and maintain contracts for services within a geographic territory.
- Identify appropriate products and services to meet the customer needs, developing proposals to customers, closing and ensuring sales are properly executed.
- Preparation of prospective customers to include developing and implementing a personal sales plan to meet or exceed department goals.
- Business development/relationship with key customers.
- Develop an intimate familiarity with customer’s core business and their market growth opportunities.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of industry trends and issues of importance to assigned customers and industry segments.
- Operation activities, trouble shooting, and attend department meetings. Report results of sales and retention efforts to management.
Focus of the Enterprise Major Account Manager:
- Must be technically competent sales inclinded must be proactive and passionate about providing customer solutions and the satisfying the clients they serve. Act as a point of contact for a set of named enterprise level accounts. Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with contacts, always striving to find the products which best fit the individual needs of the client. Aid internal departments by collecting information, such as customer requirements for new product development, participating in events on behalf of GCI, and identifying industry trends.
- Work with established GCI customers to keep and grow business by helping solve issues in IT and connectivity with suite of products and custom solutions.
- Building relationships with clients based on trust and respect.
- Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate operational excellence.
- Keep accurate records pertaining to inventory and account notes in CRM Salesforce.
- Maintain updated knowledge of company products and services.
- Work with solutions engineers to design solutions to meet unique customer requirements.
- Identify industry trends and stay up to date with customer verticals.
- Act as a client advocate with a focus on making GCI the best source.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in telecommunication sales.
- Responsible for general knowledge of all relative products and services offered by GCI
- Ability to be responsible for developing and maintaining their product knowledge.
- Goal oriented, persuasive, motivated self-starter, professional in habits and appearance, capable of performing with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability of meeting established targets on a consistent basis.
- Knowledge of and successful utilization of document sales processes and demonstrated proficiency working with computers and common applications. (Windows). Microsoft Office™ and Excel required.
- Strong verbal, written, communication and effective listening skills are essential
- Experience in record keeping and organization skills required
- Must have experience in telecommunications, IT Solutions or media sales including experience with telecommunications or media related products including voice, wireless, cable, and/or data.
- Must have experience with developing and producing a variety of complex written and verbal customer proposals, responding to bids and creating account strategies.
- Must be capable of working independently, have experience in consistently meeting sales quotas.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; including interview techniques and skills; communication skills including development of written proposals and business plans and presentation of plans to both a one-on-one audience and larger groups of executive decision makers.
- Track Record of high achievement
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong interest in a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- The desire to meet and exceed measureable performance goals
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication, computer, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients.
- A technical or telecommunications background is a helpful addition.
- Adaptability and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally.
- Understanding of industry behaviors and industry trends.
Experience required for the Major Account Manager position:
- Minimum of six years of progressively responsible sales experience, to include a minimum of three years’ experience developing proposals and three years’ experience in customer service sales related industry consistently meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required.
- In addition to minimum experiencerequired, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis.
- Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.
Physical Requirements: Requires inside work; non-standard hours to meet deadlines; interaction on a strategic, level with peers, senior management and interdisciplinary teams, current, new and/or upset customers, vendors or employees
Working Conditions: Most activities conducted inside under pleasant climatic conditions. While not in the field, desk position could involve data input on computers, heavy telephone usage interaction with customers, Vendors and other employees. Must be able to travel and meet with customers at their locations throughout their assigned territory and be willing to work flexible hours.
GCI and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. You will be requested to provide an emergency after hours contact numbers.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
GCI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected