As a Major Account Manager, you will be selling directly to Enterprise accounts of our leading NoSQL database to our largest clients. You will be part of a sales team that has established Couchbase as the #1 selling database in the world.
You’ll be driving strategic enterprise opportunities throughout the greater New York City area, selling the value of our product and services offering.
- Close business to meet or exceed quarterly, and annual bookings objectives
- Uncover opportunity at existing accounts and establish new accounts to develop sales pipeline
- Maintain pipeline in salesforce.comCRM system, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Conduct online presentation of the company and product line
- Conduct online high level demonstration of the products
- Some travel to customer sites as appropriate
- Maintain daily activities in salesforce.comCRM system, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Manage opportunities and forecast
- 7+ years selling Enterprise Software products
- Success at enterprise software sales selling IT/web infrastructure and managing key strategic relationships
- High-tech background; database and/or open-source software experience
- Experience successfully selling into technical user base & VP-level.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Superb relationship building skills and ability to show value to clients
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn and become productive extremely fast