Major Account Executive
Windstream Enterprise has an immediate need for a Major Account Executive interested in working alongside fellow WE employees in building a foundation for our customers’ success. We do this by acting as Pathfinders, pursuing a daily dedication to the following behaviors:
• We approach each situation with a responsive and highly agile style, always meeting customers on their own terms.
• We take the time to listen, learn and acknowledge the context of a customer’s pain points.
• We dig deeper into problems and seek new and better answers for our customers’ unique requirements.
• We guide customers towards the right solutions by leveraging our deep expertise and portfolio of innovative next-generation technology.
• We deliver a direct response to our customer’s needs, focusing on technologies that set the stage for growth.
As a Windstream Enterprise Major Account Executive, you will:
• Meet or exceed company sales metrics by gaining profitable business from both existing customers and new logo Fortune 1000 companies through a strategic and consultative approach and becoming a recognized expert in the marketplace.
• Gain access to Fortune 1000 C-level executives at targeted companies in the area by prospecting deep and wide within the organization; leverage relationships with referral partners and key industry partners; communicate and collaborate with other internal sales teams; gain referrals from current customers.
• Generate sales to new logo enterprise-sized companies by developing executive sponsorship with top-level influencers; build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with all influencers; listen to learn all critical business issues (CBIs) and wins/losses of all influencers; develop and execute a strategic approach for selling multiple complex solutions with multiple buying influencers; challenge conventional thinking to enhance credibility and establish differentiation from competitors; present the company brand ; research public and private company information; gain insight of prospect’s business strategy; analyze prospect’s competitive market and compare it with similar companies.
• Organize internal resources appropriate for each customer opportunity; deliver customized solutions which exceed customer expectations and address CBIs.
• Generate additional sales to existing customers by enhancing and strengthening relationships with C-Level executives and earning “trusted advisor” status with all levels of the organization through a collaborative and consultative approach; influence future business and operational initiatives by continually updating the customer on how to leverage new product offerings to achieve desired results; develop and maintain a strategic plan for future sales; manage multiple complex opportunities at the same time.
• Follow a disciplined, structured sales process for complex sales by deploying solution selling and strategic selling tools and techniques; submit activity and results reports on time; manage sales opportunity progress through Salesforce; submit accurate orders in a timely manner.
• Achieve expert status in the marketplace by demonstrating Windstream Enterprise cultural beliefs; properly preparing for each customer interaction; applying superior salesmanship and persuasive presentation skills at the Executive Level; viewing customer objections as a natural part of the process and maintaining poise under pressure to seamlessly handle those objections; use analytics to track and improve performance; effectively manage time; stay abreast of industry trends to improve business acumen.
Minimum Requirements:College degree or equivalent and 8+ years field sales experience directly related to job (outside, direct sales experience) or 12+ years job-related field sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and job-related field sales experience required.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.