At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Responsible for retaining profitable group business through a successful consultative approach.
- Manages and nurtures relationships with brokers/agent/groups to facilitate lifetime relationships with members.
- Effectively lead within a team environment and able to lead work with cross functional teams (i.e. Underwriting, customer service, claims, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain a key account prospect list for cross selling opportunities
- Develops and follows customer service plan to meet established standards
- Ability to proactively anticipate customers' needs and effectively problem solve.
- Monitors business/industry conditions, customer developments and competitive activities. Works with Group Managers to reflect changing market conditions in the account management approach.
- Ability to communicate customers and members interests and needs to internal project teammates to improve workflow processes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of benefit design alternatives, funding options and underwriting requirements.
- Establish and maintain a high level of credibility and collaboration with Underwriting and other Business Partners/ functions.
- Mentoring/coaching other account executives in sales techniques and sales leadership throughout the Plan.
- Use a consultative sales approach to effectively negotiate plan design and financial mechanisms.
- Ambassador for Regence in any and all circumstances.
- Ensures effective transition of new business.
- Major Account Executive SR would have a BA/BS degree in business, marketing or related field and 10 years of experience in sales and/or account management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 90 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and /or disability) in Washington state. Prior to receiving a license staff are not allowed to engage in soliciting or selling activities. Must have a valid state driver's license.
- A proven track record of success in achieving sales/account management goals with large (1,000+) employer groups.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic, consultative partner with agents and large employer groups to enable the group to meet their goals.
- Proven ability to execute complex large group implementations.
- Demonstrates a consistent focus on surpassing results/goals.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully committed, and self-directed approach to work.
- Detailed understanding of complexities with ability to communicate and to negotiate all areas related to the sales functions (i.e. underwriting, sales, renewals, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in desktop application software including email, word processing, spreadsheets and creating presentations.
- Demonstrates fully proficient verbal/written presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates consultative relationship skills
- Ability to engage in community/ networking opportunities outside of normal business hours.
- Represent Regence in a positive professional manner in the marketplace.
- Ability to quickly adapt and lead through changing priorities.
- May require participation in an industry organization.
- Ability to use tools to build complex Cost Modeling scenarios.
- Ability to plan and execute an effective account management approach.
- Ability to lead transition team.