Job Summary: Works as a mechanical skilled trades person supporting the repair and maintenance of the production equipment.
- Operates Mobile CMMS Device for Reactive Calls and Preventive Maintenance assignments.
- Must use safety awareness in accordance to MIOSHA standard Lockout Tagout, Confined Space, and Hot Work Permits.
- Responsible for maintaining the mechanics on machining and grinding centers, heat-treat furnaces, and assembly lines.
- Responsible for maintaining the operation of conveyors, automation, robotics, and mechanical systems.
- Responsible to maintain the operation of Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Force presses, gauging stations, automated welding assembly, Automation – motor/gear box, for work piece holding and pipefitting.
- Will be required to possess Tool room capabilities: lathes, bridge ports, grinders, sanders, welding for the purposes of maintenance and repair responsibilities.
- Will be required to possess knowledge of Tribology to perform lubrication routes in accordance to equipment defined lubrication frequencies.
- Perform filter changes at OEM intervals balanced with equipment performance determined intervals.
- Required to fabricate and/or assemble from prints.
- Inspect and operate various types of mobile equipment such as Hoists, Forklifts (I), cranes (III), aerial lifts.
- Rig and lift heavy loads safely.
- Weld with Tig, Mig or stick welding.
- Follow all safety requirements and processes.
- Must effectively troubleshoot failure or imminent failure on equipment.
- Support all Equipment Reliability initiatives.
- Must troubleshoot mechanical systems and basic electrical.
- Must work in efficient manner to minimize equipment down time.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training.
- Comply with all IATF policies and procedures.
- Required to work in team-based environment and independently.
- Must accept direction from various management team members.
- Must be able to work with outside vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of verified mechanical experience.
- Must possess all Rigging and Mobile Crane certifications.
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Preventive Maintenance, CMMS programs.
- Knowledge of Electrical – PLC, CNC controls, machining, grinding, and assembly
- Knowledge and awareness of Predictive Maintenance tools, such as Infrared, Ultrasound, and Vibration Analysis
- Must have up-to-date technological training and experience on newer state of the art equipment.
- Must have own tools.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Journeyman preferred
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience in the Automotive industry.
- German and/or Spanish language skills