Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
Instrument Maintenance Supervisor
Job Title: Instrument Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Westlake South Chemical Corporation
Lake Charles, La
Westlake Chemical Corporation is offering an opportunity to apply your experience and skills to the position of Instrument Maintenance Supervisor based in Westlake South Chemical Plant in Lake Charles, LA. Duties include directing Instrument Maintenance personnel in support of plant wide Chemical Manufacturing operations. The Instrument Supervisor enables individual development through apprenticeships, training and provides performance feedback of company maintenance instrument technicians. Duties will also include serving as back-up for Instrument Planner activities. This role is responsible for the development of technicians as a team in alignment with company values and production objectives. This position acts as a visible role model in the production and maintenance organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Support and drive accident prevention and environmental excellence.
- Lead the Instrument Maintenance personnel in a safe, economical and environmentally sound manner.
- Pro-actively co-manage the operations maintenance controllable budget.
- Direct Instrument Technicians in the repair of instrumentation and related equipment within the assigned areas.
- Responsible for the productivity and quality of work of direct reports in all areas of Instrumentation maintenance.
- Follow and support the Work Management Process.
- Conduct job performance reviews and counseling sessions.
- Participate in weekly schedule reviews for planning, scheduling and procuring materials required in support of Instrumentation maintenance activities.
- Field oversite of Contractors executing overload work.
- Review Orders to ensure all proper documentation and history has been filled out.
- Support Turnaround Work Process Planning and Execution.
- Develop maintenance procedures/work plans for instrument work performed in your areas of responsibility.
- Respond to calls on off duty hours as dictated by the plant needs.
- Responsible for development and implementation of annual improvement goals.
- Consults with and assists Instrument Foreman, Maintenance engineers, Project engineers and/or other maintenance groups engaged in assignments or tasks in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus at minimum, an Associate Degree in Instrumentation or equivalent education.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will possess the following essential skills and qualifications:
- Technical experience developed through maintenance career path with ten to fifteen yearexperience.
- Previous experience in petrochemicals plant operations.
- Knowledge of maintenance, planning and scheduling requirements for petrochemical equipment.
- Experience with, word processing, spreadsheets, SAP.
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical and control processes and technology.
- Evaluate equipment performance and identify bad actors.
- Able to develop, lead and support a team of craft persons.
- Insure crafts respond and perform to company requirements of incident free, accident free safe work place.
- Communicate effectively with Production, Maintenance/Scheduling and Engineering department, managers, supervisors and crafts persons.
- Work on own initiative and constantly seek to improve techniques.
- Lead effective maintenance team and effective conflict resolution skills