U.S. Silica is a leading producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica and aplite clay. We have a 110+ year track record as an innovator in industrial silica products and solutions as a supplier to domestic oil and natural gas operations that support the nation's economic strength and energy independence.
In addition to offering over 250 products in these categories, U.S. Silica also operates as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions utilizing the same raw materials. The wide variety of industries and applications served by U.S. Silica includes oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis.
The Maintenance supervisor guides, organizes and directs the hourly maintenance workforce.
Responsible for leading maintenance planning and execution, and works with operations to ensure process and mining equipment is maintained in satisfactory condition.
Responsible for coordinating training for maintenance mechanics. Assists the plant leadership with development and execution of capital projects and annual budget plans. Performs administrative duties required to meet job goals including planning, budgeting, scheduling and reporting. Maintenance supervisor is also responsible for maintaining inventory of critical spares and consumables, to ensure that essential items are available when needed. Will perform ongoing tasks associated with receiving, stocking, issuing and cycle counting inventory.
* Guide, organize and direct hourly maintenance and sometimes operations work force
* Assure stationary and mobile equipment is operational within planned availability
* Long term planning including projects, process improvement, budgeting and predictive / preventive maintenance activities.
* Issue parts in response to needs * includes the correct documentation to record the transaction, data entry, reacting to stock outs by notifying buyer
* Receive parts into inventory, verifying packing list and material and entering transactions into JDE
* Notify requisitioner upon receipt of their parts
* Analyze transaction history for inventory variance reconciliation and assist in expediting purchase orders
* Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mining) advantageous but not required
* Maintenance background with experience in mining process maintenance, or heavy industry would be a plus
* JDE, SAP or other ERP experience a plus
* Three (3) years' experience in similar capacity
* Able and willing to work in an industrial environment; may be exposed to heat, noise and dust
* Knowledge of storeroom and inventory management practices
* Experience with trades in a maintenance or repair environment
* Must be a motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
U.S. Silica is an equal opportunity employer for all without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status. U.S. Silica is a smoke- and drug-free workplace.