KFVS- Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Supervisor will assist the Engineering Manager in the management of building and equipment maintenance, manage building environmental and structural components, and ensure proper maintenance of broadcast equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor will also help maintain the broadcast chain, ENG/RF systems, and encoding systems. This person will directly oversee maintenance engineers and guide them in completion of their duties and reaching department performance goals.
Summary of essential job functions:
The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee and assist in the performance of the following engineering functions by maintenance engineers.
- Maintain television and digital production technology, facilities and equipment for the company. Assist in maintenance of the IT network, switches, work stations, laptops and printers.
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance.
- Assist with system integration and modification of TV/IT systems, and communicate with other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues.
- Assist in maintenance of company servers and computer equipment. Work with corporate IT as needed to maintain performance.
- Assist in monitoring of facility’s environmental and security systems.
Minimum requirements and abilities:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- At least 15 years’ experience as a technical engineer in broadcast or related industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, must be self-motivated.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with video cameras, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems, editing systems.