- Receive all requests for maintenance work to be performed and arrange these requests on a priority basis so that the efficiency of the plant can best be maintained.
- Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the various maintenance personnel so as to best accomplish the department responsibility.
- Recommend to his/her immediate supervisor when outside maintenance services are needed to most efficiently complete a maintenance function.
- Estimate manpower requirements of his/her department and recommend personnel changes.
- Train or assist in training new employees and assistants.
- Maintain compliance with Company Standard practice Instructions, Preventative Maintenance Programs, safety, quality, and good housekeeping practices.
- Maintain a high degree of morale among employees of his/her department and promote good labor-management relations.
- Requisition materials, supplies, and repairs as needed.
- Must be able to climb and operate on catwalks, ladders, equipment, etc., to adequately troubleshoot maintenance problems.
- Must be able to work at heights over 20 feet and in equipment pits accessible only by ladder.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage the work order system to ensure work in his/her shift is properly completed and recorded.
- Recommend changes in methods, procedures, and equipment deemed necessary to maintain maximum efficiency in his/her department.
- Follows predefined procedures related to the maintaining production equipment in a manner that meets the organization standards and ensures minimum equipment downtown.
- Carries out established preventive maintenance programs and procedures.
- Supervises mechanics and technicians that repair and maintain equipment.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Five or more years demonstrated work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in the discipline/technology/process related to the position as well as six (6) months to one (1) year of supervisory responsibility.