With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 54,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Jacobs Field Services is seeking a Site Maintenance Supervisor in Lima, OH. The Site Supervisor will be responsible all maintenance activities at a chemical or manufacturing plant including, multi-craft jobs, planning, scheduling, preventive/predictive maintenance, and shutdown planning and execution.
- Supervises the operations and daily activities of Field Services organization.
- Supervises all personnel at the site through subordinate leaders
- Prepares & controls Project maintenance management plan
- Monitors staff performance and utilization; provides periodic project reports
- Integrates effective maintenance operations planning into all engineering.
- Provides direction to subordinates based on project policies and management guidance.
- Accomplishes tasks through supervision of experienced employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Site work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect subordinate units.
- Functions as an advisor to a unit regarding maintenance activities.
- Becomes actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings.
- Development & assessment reviews of staff & direct hires.
- Anticipate & review contract packages.
- Participate in bid evaluation process.
- Perform management inspections, monthly reporting.
- Responsible for all direct hire labor HR functions and manning to support site needs.
- Primary contact for daily interfacing with key client site personnel.
- Commitment to safety.
No relocation or per diem offered.
Training and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience in the specialty chemical, oil/gas and/or plastics industry including supplemental ongoing maintenance programs and small capital projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing craft personnel.
- Labor Union experience preferred.
- Competence with Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge and experience with CMMS (Empac and SAP preferred)
- Turnaround experience a plus.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills.
- Work effectively with peers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Other Essential Functions
Physical Requirements :
- Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc.
- Longest distance carried of 50 feet.
- Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Right and/or left hands utilized.
- Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same.
- No foot controls necessary.
- Must be alert to equipment in the field.
- There will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field
- Occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery
- Occasional need to walk on uneven ground.
- Frequent exposure to dust.