JOB TITLE: Maintenance Team Leader
FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Team Leader is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance and assigned projects within the facility. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader will be accountable for the efficient and effective use of all manpower and resources under his supervision.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Maintenance Team Leader is charged with developing the group of facility & operations mechanics into a well-trained, committed, and spirited “maintenance team.” In addition, the Maintenance Team Leader provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance normally associated with a manufacturing operation and facility.
The Maintenance Team Leader will help to establish the company as a World Class Manufacturer, as defined by our Leadership Team and measured through our Key Performance Indicators of Safety, Cleanliness, Quality, and Productivity, and having the right people in the right position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs mechanics in the performance of approved maintenance work.
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, monitors purchase requests, invoice approvals, and understands the department budget.
- Evaluates and recommends training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel under his/her direct supervision.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project support as needed.
- Ensures that all direct reports are following all company rules and policies i.e. Safety, Food Safety GMP’s, etc.
- Works with Planner/Scheduler to make sure all planned work is assigned properly and that all resources and job packets are complete.
- Works with Maintenance Inventory personal for all parts-related issues.
- Works with Production leadership to understand their needs and collaborate on improvements
- Enforcing and maintaining quality standards.
- Enforcing and maintaining associate safety standards.
- Develop direct report’s skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for direct reports.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Provides emergency unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains necessary preventive maintenance work order tasks and preoperational daily checklists.
- Is involved with annual maintenance budget according to guidelines established.
- Supports the operational direction of the maintenance department.
- Maintains Maintenance Department hourly work schedule and recordkeeping.
- Works closely with research and development, quality assurance, and production personnel to prevent quality and food safety problems with products and equipment.
- Supports all current and new product and equipment introductions.
- Coordinates and expedites repair operations with production supervisors.
- Ensures equipment is running at proper speeds to achieve throughput standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is highly preferred
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of work experience
- Five years of maintenance supervision in a food manufacturing environment is required.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in managing a maintenance team in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have at least three years working with a CMMS in a proactive maintenance environment.