The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities and staff involved in maintaining the plant food manufacturing equipment for major production lines and supporting utilities and facility in packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assign work to the maintenance personnel on all shifts.
• Purchase and maintain spare parts inventory.
• Train and coach maintenance employees.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment.
• Knowledge of Allen Bradley Control logix 5000 a plus.
• Maintain plant computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Knowledge of PMC software a plus.
• Flexibility to work overtime across all 3 shifts and weekends based on company needs.
• Must possess knowledge of troubleshooting electrical issues. Single phase, three phase, hands on use of a multi meter/Megger, and be able to read electrical schematics.
• Ensure prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns.
• Maintain accurate/audit ready PMC databases for Maintenance and Sanitation activities.
• Participate in Safety Committee team meetings and help to identify plant safety improvements.
• Promote communication as well as good relations between all departments.
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following Company procedures; comply with EPA, OSHA, FDA legal codes and regulations.
• Able to lift and carry 50lbs, able to work at heights, outdoors, and other duties may apply.
This individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Maintenance Skills: working knowledge of all trades and skills: welding, plumbing, rigging, electrical, HVAC, Lock Out/Tag Out, lean manufacturing / 5S experience.
• Must possess knowledge of troubleshooting electrical issues single phase and 3 phase, ability to read schematics.
• Hands on use of a multi meter / Megger, Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Must possess knowledge of hand tools and power tools to assist if necessary when equipment failures arise.
• Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Leadership, problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong skills leading direct reports in order to promote operating efficiency
• Have excellent supervisory, interpersonal communication, planning, organization, prioritization, time management and related skills
Minimum 2 year Technical degree or 5 years maintenance supervisor experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• Microsoft Word/Excel. RS Logix5000 experience a plus.
• Knowledge of (CMMS), computer maintenance management systems.
• Knowledge of Facilities systems. HVAC background. NIULPE certification a plus.
• Hayssen and Triangle packaging machine experience.
• Welding/plumbing skills is a plus.
• Understanding and experience with OSHA regulations is required.
• Experience working in a union environment a plus.
Valid through: 6/3/2021