MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR – AUTOMATED FOOD MANUFACTURING FACILITY
COMPANY: Our client is a global leader in food manufacturing and food packaging, with numerous state-of-the-art facilities located throughout the United States. Well known and widely respected for their unwavering commitment to innovation and quality, this financially robust organization is uniquely positioned for significant future growth. Their track record of success and their dedication to their associates’ professional growth has created a positive culture that is hard to find in today’s corporate landscape.
POSITION: The Maintenance Supervisor will manage the staff responsible for maintaining, repairing, and rebuilding variety of highly automated production equipment in a manufacturing environment. This person ensures that production equipment is properly maintained and repaired in a manner to meet organization and customer standards, while ensuring minimum equipment downtime. This will involve directing the performance of preventative and unscheduled maintenance. The primary duties are as follows:
· Supervise scheduling of preventive and unscheduled maintenance activities and ensure completion of activities according to schedule, with minimal production disruption.
· Communicate with departments to ensure production priorities are addressed in a timely manner.
· Create a positive working environment for associates, support continuous improvement and employee empowerment/problem-solving skills, increase technical knowledge of staff.
· Supervise personnel in charge of maintaining, repairing, and rebuilding various pieces of production equipment.
· Determine daily priority scheduling of associate activities.
· Direct the setup and use of tools and production equipment to ensure optimum level of safety.
· Foster a safe working environment and enforces compliance of OSHA regulations and MSDS standards.
· Supervise set-up and implementation of line layouts and modifications based on engineering specifications to ensure efficient production operations.
· Provide feedback on configurations to improve efficiencies.
· Maintain inventory of spare parts and determines the need to replace parts.
· 3+ years of experience in manufacturing/plant maintenance, preferably in a highly automated environment
· 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
· Ability to provide guidance to co-workers, clients, and customers
· Strong customer relationship skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Bilingual (English & Spanish) strongly preferred
· Problem solving ability based on acquired knowledge
· Competence in comprehending operating and maintenance instructions, manuals, and schematics
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.