Plan, coordinate, and direct the activities in the maintenance, alteration and repair of plant equipment, systems, machines, tools, buildings, structures, and facilities in a lean organization. Manage direct capital budget projects, process improvements, downtime and departmental and plant R&M budget/spending programs. Select, train, develop, and motivate a highly effective industrial maintenance, and building maintenance group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct preparation of specifications, layouts, drawings, cost estimates, etc.
- Ensure timely repairs necessary to minimize costly downtime and to maintain production schedules.
- Research, plan, and prepare proposals for approval of capital equipment, expansion construction, major maintenance projects, and service contracts.
- Plan, organize, and administer departmental systems, procedures, operating budgets, continuous improvement and controls for cost effective operation.
- Work with appropriate group to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local standards and requirements.
- Build a cohesive team with the skills necessary to successfully meet the departmental/company/corporate objectives and strategies.
- Provide the coaching and continuous feedback necessary for individual and team growth.
- Provide necessary support to all lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Oversee purchase of all plant non-raw materials and R&M supplies.
- Administer PM system, including writing and executing all PM’s.
- Hourly maintenance mechanics
- Evaluates performance, provides feedback and coaching, and completes performance reviews as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successfully lead the maintenance group by exemplary leadership, integrity and character.
- Experience in process systems as well as strong project-management skills.
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance systems and high-performance maintenance groups.
- Experience with baghouses, waste treatment systems, and environmental control systems desired.
- Knowledge of CMMS’s (Computer maintenance management systems).
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must have highest standard of business and personal ethics.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or any combination of experience and education.
- Mechanical or chemical engineering preferred.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in a lean manufacturing environment leading maintenance teams or any similar combination of education and experience.