The Maintenance Supervisor is on call 24x7 and is responsible for coordinating, organizing and managing the work of employees in the maintenance and upkeep of the Company’s facilities, structures, grounds, equipment, and machinery, including maintaining and coordinating our Total Preventative Maintenance Program (TPM). These positions initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices with an emphasis on planning, scheduling and preventive maintenance; develop policies and procedures relating to maintenance and construction planning and operations; ensure employee safety; prepare and administer the department’s budget; estimate staffing, equipment, and material needed based upon recent trends and planned activities; approve purchase requisitions; and monitor expenditures involving ongoing projects and reports.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or one lever higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
- 70% - Manage Preventative Maintenance: Create and closeout Maestro work orders daily; Interface with Maintenance leads daily to get status on work; Set PM and/or repair windows with building owners; Drive around plant and supervise his employees daily; Organize and prioritize the maintenance production schedules; Attend managerial meetings daily and ARBOS activities; Manage 6s maintenance cells in Building 8; Provide VAO and One-liners weekly; Provide escalation reports and/or emails; Create, review, and revise PM procedures; Perform daily Tag-Ups to provide safety updates, FOD/FOE lessons learned, AR news, etc.; Work hand-in-hand with maintenance leaders to coordinate AESOP huddles and training.
- 20% - Working with other departments such as safety, manufacturing, quality, test and facility engineering, to update and maintain sketches drawing and other paperwork associated with maintenance of the plant such as water treatment and high pressure boiler, tanks, valve, etc. certifications as well as local county, state and federal certifications.
- 10% - Deal with managerial responsibilities to his reports: General supervisor duties to include on-call supervision coordination of on-call duty personnel, screening and hiring of perspective maintenance personnel, approve timecards, etc.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline plus at least five (5) years directly related experience, but candidates who have not completed a related Bachelor's degree must have an equivalent combination of education and experience, such as a high school diploma (or equivalence) plus at least thirteen (13) years directly related experience.
- Experience managing Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems strongly desired
- Experience with CMMS systems, PM Creations, tracking and be able to create required reports.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Self-starter, highly self-motivated and have strong leadership skills. Be able to communicate effectively and interpret / execute policies.
- Ability to coordinate schedule and adjust PMs in accordance with production scheduler
- Ability to lead preventive maintenance crew and be accountable for timely completion PMs.
- Must be able to plan workloads, guide craft personnel with multiple disciplines, provide clear directions to subordinates.
Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.