Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
On call as needed.
What you will be doingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under general direction and guidance of the District Facility Maintenance Manager, responsible for supporting the effective use and functionality of Facilities and the Automated Equipment within an Automated Distribution Center. This will be supporting an MWI Animal Health facility.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures Facility and Material Handling Equipment is running at maximum efficiency with minimum downtime.
- Diagnoses error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs accordingly.
- Ensures the planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities including but not limited to inspections, preventive maintenance, installations and repairs.
- Communicates at defined intervals with specified team members (Maintenance Director, District Facility Maintenance Manager, Director of Operations, Etc.)
- Keep local and regional management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required)
- Ensures the compliance with Maintenance procedures.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of maintenance inventory and critical spares.
- Provides assistance in the configuration, maintenance, modifications, and system upgrades of MHE control systems to include programmable logic controllers (PLC) programming.
- Monitors work processes and makes suggestions for modifications in order to increase and improve productivity, efficiency and accuracy for the purpose of improving costs; implements changes as directed or needed.
- Responsible for efficient operation of equipment in the Distribution Center; ensures that problems with equipment such as air and heating systems, conveyer systems and forklift equipment are addressed.
- Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Monitor site expenses and control maintenance budget. Provide feedback for budget planning and preparation for expenses and capital projects.
- Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance, janitorial, snow removal, landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE systems.
- Assists in the process of selection, training and performance management for the Distribution Center associates in the maintenance department.
- Directs the workflow, motivates, trains and monitors the performance of warehouse associates involved in the maintenance functions.
- Responsible for associate relations functions including directing, supervising and developing a staff of skilled trade technicians and upkeep staff (custodian).
- As sociate is required to work split shifts, nights and weekends as well as be on call to respond to downtime events.
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations.
- Ensures the documentation of maintenance records through the CMMS/EAM System.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Facilities/Plant Management preferred with extensive experience with start-up and troubleshooting of an Automated Distribution Facility required. Requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in an Automated Distribution Warehouse environment with large volume distribution operations. Experience in the execution of preventive maintenance programs, disaster planning, and knowledge of chilled water systems, cooling towers, diesel powered back-up generators, electric and diesel fire pumps, air handling units and roof top air conditioning units.
- MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of Building Automation System such as Tracer Summit or Delta Controls is preferred
- Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams, and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
- Effective written communications, presentation skills and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently, to multi-task, and to prioritize quickly
- Computer software experience including MS office (Excel, Word, IM), MHE software such as RSLogix, Sort Director, GSMi, IPoint, Flex Sort, etc.
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Pennsylvania-Elizabethtown
Zeager 1499 Zeager Road, Suite 2 Elizabethtown 17022
OrganizationAcquisition - MWI
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran