The purpose of this position is to develop, Implement and manage Operational Excellence in Packaging Warehouse at all 5 facilities, which includes preventative maintenance excellence and instrumentation control systems. This position also works closely with the Packaging and Warehouse Supervisors in developing capital project recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and provides financial analysis, working closely with Packaging Supervisors and the Packaging and Warehouse Manager.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements, and maintains the maintenance excellence programs for all five facilities which impact the high speed packaging lines, sugar conveying systems, sugar storage, bulk sugar loading, warehousing and instrumentation and electronic control systems. These systems utilize computerized maintenance information systems in establishing and recording maintenance and project activities.
- Through the maintenance planner positions at each facility, the incumbent minimizes costs and ensures the maintenance work is effectively scheduled to meet maintenance excellence requirements and manages activities to ensure timely completion of scheduled maintenance. The Maintenance Superintendent resolves planning issues and coordinates with the Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor on maintenance crew issues.
- This position researches new ways to improve productivity, reliability and cost effectiveness of overall operations. The Maintenance Superintendent consults with the Packaging & Warehouse Supervisors and the Packaging & Warehouse Manager to provide engineering related input and design in developing solutions and system improvements. The Superintendent also provides input on equipment, especially instrumentation and control systems standardization.
- This position participates in the development and review of packaging/warehouse maintenance and capital budgets for approval by the Packaging & Warehouse Manager and Director Technical Services. The incumbent monitors individual capital projects ensuring OSHA, environmental, code and quality standards are met and that projects are completed on budget, on time and meet objectives. The overall maintenance budget for the five facilities is also monitored in coordination with the individual factory Packaging/Warehouse Supervisor and Packaging & Warehouse Manager.
- This position is involved in the selection and management of outside engineering contractors and vendors ensuring work meets OSHA, environmental, code and quality standards and is completed on budget, on schedule and meets objectives.
- Extensive engineering knowledge normally gained through the completion of a four year mechanical or electrical engineering degree.
- Five to seven years of related industrial engineering experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Operational Excellence.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, packaging, warehousing, bulk sugar storage, loading equipment and operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, code compliance, food safety and food quality regulations is critical.
- A strong knowledge of budgeting.