Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Superintendent with our Chemical Manufacturing Plant located in Gregory, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
• Prepare and administer programs, methods, systems, and practices for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency, safety, productivity, and reliability.
• Coordinate all maintenance (mechanical, electrical and instrumentation) activities for proper, safe execution of multi-million dollar plant turnarounds. Aggressively seek to minimize cost and duration of shutdown activities.
• Establish and monitor key measures to ensure that a comprehensive and effective maintenance and reliability program is in place and that the Maintenance Excellence Process is practiced.
• Direct and manage the site maintenance staff to implement best maintenance practices and provide technical expertise to reduce costs and improve process uptime and mechanical reliability.
• Direct the planning and scheduling program, and its effectiveness, through the use of established benchmarks and parameters.
• Control maintenance expenditures within budget requirements by monitoring expenditures, adjusting priorities, and forecasting maintenance needs.
• Coordinate and direct the use of outside resources assigned to the plant
• Coordinate with engineering group(s) for capital project executions to ensure effective use of capital funds.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of plant maintenance/manufacturing experience.
• Ability to manage costs, design, implement, and maintain systems designed to optimize the performance of the maintenance function.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical requirements: Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Good working knowledge of SAP
• Prior supervisory experience