The Maintenance and Reliability Leader is a working team lead for the Chocolate Bayou Polymers Maintenance and Reliability department. The lead will coach, mentor, and supervise reliability engineers, maintenance specialists, planners, inspectors, materials inventory clerks, and maintenance supervisors to ensure development and safe execution of the Chocolate Bayou maintenance and reliability plan. The position also provides technical support for two Polymer production lines at the Chocolate Bayou plant. The candidate will support production unit maintenance/reliability efforts and drive improvements in maintenance work processes, procedures, performance, and cost.
- Drives reliability improvement for the site. Works closely with Maintenance and Reliability personnel to resolve daily unit reliability. Assures completion of reliability projects and execution of maintenance schedule.
- Troubleshoot issues with mechanical equipment (reciprocating compressors, pumps, gearboxes, blowers, polymer compounding equipment)
- Assess performance / condition of machinery, bearings, seals, polymer equipment
- Conduct investigations to determine root cause of equipment failures, complete and close findings as required
- Provide technical support to both operations and maintenance
- Provide technical/engineering specifications for design of new and inspection/repair of existing pieces of mechanical equipment
- Provide support to establish adequate spare parts and recurring preventative maintenance tasks on equipment
- Provide planning support for major machinery overhauls, specifying scope of required work and technical details to ensure successful execution
- Provide technical support for plant expense and capital projects
- Manages site Program Spending including scope, budgeting and execution.
- Leads site Operational Excellence Special Emphasis Program.
- Supports MOC process to assure proper risk assessment to ensure proper design and completion.
- Assures the Roles and Responsibilities of department personnel are met. Manages Individual Development Plans, Performance Appraisal Documents for direct reports.
- Sets clear performance expectations, coaches and mentors Reliability and Maintenance personnel.
- Ensures continuity of work assignments and objectives across the plant areas.
- Delivers GoalZERO HSE performance through strong leadership, employee/contractor involvement and management systems.
- Responsible for making engineering process improvements. Leads individual capital projects to assure scope completion, schedule adherence and spending plan.
- Ensures adherence to company management systems supporting mechanical integrity and process safety.
- Ensures that Code of Conduct and all other LyondellBasell policies are consistently followed and administered within the maintenance and reliability organization.
- Participates actively with Global Projects and Engineering team to create, plan, organize and execute short and long-range objectives to ensure continued site and corporate alignment, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Works collaboratively with the other functions at the site to identify integration opportunities and implement these initiatives within the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 6-10 years of chemical plant or refinery operations experience, or equivalent education and/or experience in chemical or refinery industry.
- Functions as alternate to Site Manager
- Excellent computer skills
- Successful candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to health & safety work processes
- Experience with business management systems, preferably SAP
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills, and be able to manage performance through effective dialog.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Change Management skills
- Must have the demonstrated ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and through written documents.
- Must be a self-starter and have the initiative to seek opportunities for improvements within the site.