on plant site.Outdoorsmans Paradise.Fast Track position to upper management. The product produced is the leader in its field.Diversified in all industries.
Leads and manages the engineering team, maintenance team, and utilities team and site master plan process to meet compliance, reliability, and innovation objectives. Adheres to all procedures and practices associated with personnel safety and food safety and quality. Collaborates with cross-functional departments to ensure the proper implementation of projects, maintenance work, training, and processes to ensure delivery of Safety, Quality, Service, Performance, and People expectations. Leads the continuous development of department processes and team members to ensure high performing teams meet their goals. This position has five direct reports.
- Provide leadership in support of the organization Safety Management Process.
- Ensuring all work is done safely, on time, with high quality results, effective cost management and in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Promote the continual improvement of Plant Reliability, through proper support of Lean events, through capital investment and re-engineering projects that strive to offset maintenance materials inflation and to reduce plant downtime.
- Leading the Continuous Improvement Program for cost saving, energy utilization, and maintenance.
- Maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing equipment and processesrequired to manufacture a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner.
- Drive improvements in all related manufacturing processes, including those related to products, equipment, human interface and product quality.
- Ensure new parts and optimization projects are completed by the requireddeadline, at reasonable cost, and with a robust process.
- Ensure effective operation of the storeroom operation in support of the plant goals.
- Ensure the required technical support for all critical process and product issue resolution is available for all product builds, process operations and facilities management.
- Manage capital projects, direct the activities or project engineers and other leads, and develop Engineering/Project Management, Process and Technology standardizations.
- Manage new equipment installations using Capital Expenditure procedures.
- Ensure corrective actions address root causes and are completed in a timely and customer responsive manner.
- Ensure facilities are maintained and improved as required, including good housekeeping, general appearance, landscaping, and that routine maintenance is completed as required.
- Manage statutory inspections, liaisons with insurance companies and other duties in this area.
- Direct reporting responsibility for maintenance associates, as well as contractor firms.
- Support environmental compliance Site Director and Site Leadership Team.
- Work with the Site Director and Site Leadership Team to ensure that ISO, and Preventive Maintenance standards are consistently met.
- Ensure that manufacturing employee requirements (including training process compliance, data entry, performance monitoring and recognition) are completed.
- Recommend and provide leadership support for the implementation of new process improvement projects related to safety, Plant Reliability, process effectiveness, and cost utilization improvement systems/tools such as Six Sigma, Lean and 5S.
- Develop departmental goals and strategies consistent with Plant, Corporate and Operational goals and provide the leadership for the planning process to meet these goals.
- Provide general direction and performance requirements for use of outside contractors and service representatives as it relates to engineering efforts.
- Comply with all safety/health/environmental related policies and procedures, participates in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and reports to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant. Reports any work-related injury or illness, no matter how minor, to their Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical)
- 10+ years Engineering and Project Managementexperience in chemical process heavy manufacturing industry plus progressive technical and functional expertise experience.Fibers, Textile, Nylon 66, is good
- 5+ years of supervisory responsibility.Required
- Experience developing and managing capital improvement projects.Required
- Experience with handling multiple projects, using a variety of execution strategies and methodologies as required.
- Must have knowledge of technology and key drives of equipment performance as it relates to the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated cross-functional, leadership, communication and team-building skills.
- Strong analytical, problem identifying/solving, project management and decision making skill required.
- Understanding of manufacturing practices and ability to develop process improvement and solutions.
- Knowledge of Machine Shop Operations, Metal Fabrication and Mechanical Assembly processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Continuous Improvement tools and approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma Problem Solving, Process Mapping, etc.)
- Must understand systems, design of repeatable processes, and utilize SPC when appropriate.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to function in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively, while utilizing discretion and good judgment.