Maintenance Planning & Scheduling Supervisor
Confidential Company • Greenwood, SC
11 - 15 years experience • Chemicals
$80K - $110K ($80K - $110K base + 5-15%)
Posted on 08/11/17 by Peter Ansara
11 - 15 years experience
$80K - $110K
($80K - $110K base + 5-15%)
Posted on 08/11/17 by Peter Ansara
- The position provides Planning andSchedulingtechnicalexpertise and leadership to build on the proactive work culture in my clients Nylon business. This position will lead a planning andscheduling team with representatives from all areas within the site working to implement effective and proactive planning andscheduling practices. This position will ensure that adequate thought and planning has gone into each job assigned to the maintenance organization. In addition, this position will seek and capture feedback from maintenance leaders andtechnicians after work is complete to ensure we are continuously improving our planning andschedulingprocess. This position will monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that all aspects of the planning,scheduling, work execution, backlog,inventorymanagement, kitting and staging, and partsprocurementare trending in the right direction.
- Lead the maintenance and E/I planners (5 people) to ensure that they are putting adequate details into the job plans for technicians.
- Ensure that reliability and precision maintenance best practices are introduced into job plans.
- Review the job plan feedback from technicians and ensure that we are correcting gaps in our detailed job plans.
- Identify gaps in work productivity that is introduced by planning and scheduling.
- Fully utilize maintenance technicians as shared resources across the site.
- Develop and maintain planner technical competency.
- Establish kitting and staging process centrally and though out the site.
- Measure planner effectiveness and coach and mentor planners.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of site overhauls using Gantt charting and critical path methodology.
- Oversee the review of preventative maintenance plans utilizing technician feedback and planner correction.
- Ensure that Management of Change policy is utilized within our planning activities.
- Drive proactive work planning and scheduling targeting 80% of total technician man-hours.
- Provide formal and informal training to the organization on planning and scheduling concepts and skills.
- Serve as a mentor for the MRE organization.
- Capture operations feedback on the effectiveness of our planning and scheduling processes.
- Seize opportunity to build environmental, health and safety improvements into our job planning and overhaul scheduling. Be a role model to others in exceeding expectations of ESSH policies and procedures.
- Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired with a major in Engineering or EngineeringTechnologypreferred
- 10+ years’ experience in an industrial/chemical plant setting
- Experience with Mechanical Pumping,
- Work Flow Process, Scheduling Work Feedback
- ElectricalSystems & Transformers
- Strong knowledge of reliability and maintenance processes
- Experience leading teams and facilitating group discussions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experiencepreferred
- Chemical processing experiencepreferred
- CMRP (SMRP certified maintenance reliability professional) preferred
- Lean manufacturingexperiencepreferred (Six Sigma BB a plus)
- Strong computer skills required to create, edit and manage data/information using Microsoft Office products, CMMS and other specialized software required
- SAP, Minitab, Data Historian experiencepreferred
- Facilitation experience with RCM, FMEA and RCA required
- Development experience with PM procedures required
- Strong knowledge of Predictive Technologies (vibration, IR, UE, MCA, Oil Analysis) required