The position provides Planning and Scheduling technical expertise and leadership to build on the proactive work culture in our Nylon business.
This position will lead a planning and scheduling team with representatives from all areas within the site working to implement effective and proactive planning and scheduling practices.
This position will ensure that adequate thought and planning has gone into each job assigned to the maintenance organization. In addition, this position will seek and capture feedback from maintenance leaders and technicians after work is complete to ensure we are continuously improving our planning and scheduling process. This position will monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that all aspects of the planning, scheduling, work execution, backlog, inventory management, kitting and staging, and parts procurement are trending in the right direction.
- Lead the maintenance planners to ensure adequate details are built into the job plans for technicians.
- Insure reliability and precision maintenance best practices are incorporated into job plans.
- Review the job plan feedback from technicians and insure that we are correcting gaps in our detailed job plans.
- Identify gaps in work productivity that is introduced by planning and scheduling.
- Fully utilize Ascend maintenance technicians as shared resources across the site.
- Develop and maintain planner technical competency.
- Establish kitting and staging process centrally and throughout the site.
- Measure planner effectiveness coaching and mentoring for continuous improvement and development.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of site overhauls using Gantt charting and critical path methodology.
- Oversee the review of preventative maintenance plans utilizing technician feedback and planner correction.
- Insure that Management of Change policy is utilized within our planning activities.
- Drive proactive work planning and scheduling targeting 80% of total technician man-hours.
- Provide formal and informal training to the organization on planning and scheduling concepts and skills.
- Serve as a Planning, Scheduling and MRO SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the Maintenance Reliability and Engineering organization.
- Capture operations feedback on the effectiveness of our planning and scheduling processes.
- Seize opportunity to build environmental, health and safety improvements into our job planning and overhaul scheduling. Be a role model to others in exceeding expectations of ESSH policies and procedures.
- Lead weekly Master Scheduling meetings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree with ten (10) years relevant experience within a manufacturing production environment.
- BS Degree with six (6) years relevant experience within a manufacturing production environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as planning and scheduling maintenance resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with SAP CMMSrequired.
- Three (3) years’ supervisor experience leading and coaching direct reports.
- Experience in planning crafts, man-hours, materials, equipment, etc. required to execute work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
- Understanding of scheduling resources based on priorities, planned man-hours and available resources (i.e. resource loading).
- Understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure planning and scheduling performance.
- Experience in use of a computerized maintenance management system for planning and managing work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
- Experience in prioritizing and managing planning and planned backlogs.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the maintenance work process.
- SAPexperience and working knowledge of CMMS
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Strong command of written and verbal communications.
- Leadership, organizational, time management and facilitation skills
Key Success Factors:
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe work practices to include corporate Safety policies and procedures, OSHA and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the workflow process and an understanding of direct report’s role within the workflow.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and success leading teams.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows software (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to work withothers in a teamwork environment.
- Demonstrate communication skills to teach and mentor others on proper workflow procedures.