What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
This position supports the planning of daily maintenance at the site through job planning and work notifications and orders and supports the requisite repair parts, troubleshooting of equipment, equipment research, analysis and improvement of spare parts inventory with a goal of providing a safe, efficient and cost effective preventative maintenance and repairs program.
This position is within the Care Solutions business segment and has responsibility at primarily the Janesville site and may support the Milton site which are multi-user sites mainly focused on the practice of cyanoethylation, hydrogenation, alkoxylation and quaternization based process technologies in the maintenance department.
This position supports safe work permits and associated hot work or confined space entries for the site for both maintenance departments and contractors.
- Prepare work notifications, orders and permits for maintenance tasks. Plan maintenance jobs that require both internal (maintenance mechanics and I&E technicians) and external (contractors) resources and determine necessary parts for repairs. Prepare and publish daily maintenance turnover document.
- Complete all necessary MOC’s (management of change), LOTO (lock-out tag-out), CSE (confined space entry) and hot work permits as necessary for work required in the plant by both internal and external resources. Ensure compliance to safety permits and programs.
- Support maintenance department in the repair of process equipment to achieve efficient complete of work.
- Manage preventive (PM) and predictive (PdM) maintenance program for the site. Establish and implement best practices for PM/PdM including risk based maintenance and root cause analysis. Support and improve existing lubrication, vibration analysis, vessel inspection and hoist/lift inspection programs.
- Manage and support CAPEX and budget expense projects for the maintenance department for the purpose of improving safety, quality, efficiency or capacity of process equipment.
- Education: Technical degree preferred or some college education with requisite years of experience.
- Related Experience: 5+ years’ experience in a chemical processing facility or equivalent experience and 10 years related industrial experience. Previous experience in industrial maintenance is preferred.
- Special Training or Competence: Project management, rotating equipment knowledge, troubleshooting skills.
- Forklift and Manlift operation, can be trained after hiring.
- Equipment/Software Skills: General computer knowledge in a Windows and MS Office environment. Previous experience in SAP or similar CMMS a plus.