Maintenance Operations Supervisor
Our client, a global aggregates and building materials manufacturer is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in the South, to work in the capacity of Maintenance Operations Supervisor. The chosen candidate will supervise maintenance and operational activities and a team of direct reports. The ideal candidate will possess experience and emphasis in executing maintenance strategies which may include pit and/or plant production and product loading.
*Responsible for training and development of team
* Scheduling, performance management, and effective leadership of hourly workforce.
* Implement the Company's safety and environmental processes.
* Monitor, recommend, and implement repairs and routine maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
* Investigates abnormal operating events or equipment failures to determine cause
* Make adjustments, repairs, and/or modifications as needed.
* Develop and implement a world class maintenance management system through the utilization of the JD Edwards CMMS platform.
* Lead and manage to established production, safety, and environmental objectives and metrics.
Best Industry ? Aggregates, Building Materials
Best Department ? Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Mining, Civil) or equivalent experience is required
5 or more years of experience in aggregate operations with understanding of mineral processing equipment (i.e. crushers, screens, scrubbers, conveyors, and associated mobile equipment) is required.
3 or more years of leading and managing a team of direct reports with hire/fire responsibilities is required.
Proven leadership skills coupled with a track record for creating employee ownership of safety production and quality.
Project management and installation experience is required
Capital project management experience is required.
Experience with pit design/exploration, drilling, blasting, inventory control, inventory measures and customer service is required.
Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) is required.
Experience with Aggflow or other similar programs is preferred.
Financial business acumen is strongly preferred.
Capable of completing accurate and thorough performance evaluations is required.
Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility is mandatory.
Ability to work flexible schedule as required, including nights and weekends is required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
Bilingual in Spanish is a strong plus and preferred.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply.