Responsible for managing the Maintenance Department and staff on all crews. This includes providing leadership and direction to the Maintenance Project Engineer position. Implement and maintain the most effective Maintenance System possible to ensure the maximum equipment performance of all plant equipment in a team-based environment. Manage the Maintenance Department as a service business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
· Carries out the operational framework and vision for the Maintenance Department.
· Works with the Manager, Plant Services and other plant leadership to develop departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and their targets. Tracks and addresses KPIs not meeting established targets.
· Audits and maintains time and attendance for Maintenance Department personnel in Kronos. Executes Dependability Program corrective action and performance reviews when required.
· Identifies developmental needs for the Maintenance Department and implements effective training programs.
· Evaluates the performance of all direct reports, providing regular and constructive feedback; maintains updated unofficial departmental personnel files for each direct report, including performance feedback and documentation; makes recommendations to adjust wages within budgetary and Company policy guidelines.
· Supports the integration and retention of new Maintenance Department team members.
· Conducts effective selection interviews of applicants; makes hiring decisions in collaboration with Manager, Plant Services; confers disciplinary action with HR; recommends termination decisions in collaboration with Manager and Director, LLC Site and HR.
· Utilizes planning and scheduling process to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the Maintenance Department.
· Ensures all equipment failures greater than 60 minutes are followed up to prevent future failures.
· Resources for the Department personnel when the scope of the problem/opportunity dictates the need.
· Facilitates continuous improvement within the Maintenance Department operations.
· Evaluates new equipment and ensures smooth integration into Production.
· Identifies and participates in improvement projects with Engineering staff.
· Champions safety as a key priority at the Maintenance Department level, encouraging suggestions on how to enhance safety, as well as being alert to and reporting safety violations (including near misses).
· Champions key Company-wide initiatives, including Lean Manufacturing, Corrective Action Requests (CARS), 5S, etc.
· Initiates internal performance surveys and analyzes internal and external customer feedback on departmental performance; works with the team and management to develop plans to address customer concerns and suggestions.
· Encourages the team to assume greater levels of responsibility for their KPIs of efficiency and quality; analyzes the daily workflow, working with management to create long-term, strategic improvement plans.
· Provide leadership to maintenance projects engineer on small-to-midsize capital & process improvement projects, meeting deadlines as agreed upon by the Plant Services Manager.
· Responsible for upkeep of facility & grounds, including but not limited to management of facility HVAC, cleaning contractors and other external support groups to keep plant operations running smoothly.
· Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering. If no degree, equivalent experience will be discussed and agreed to by the Manager in collaboration with the Director, LLC Site and Human Resources.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
· Up to Seven years of maintenance and/or engineering and/or technical leadership experience, including at least to three years in a manufacturing environment. Supervisory experiencerequired.
Knowledge of ISO, GMP, FDA and SPC preferred. Strong understanding of maintenance management systems and how to effectively use them to obtain critical information. Good knowledge of World-Class maintenance techniques and measures. Good understanding of PLC’s and automation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organization, time management, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills. Intermediate PC skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing multiple priorities simultaneously.