Position Summary: Provides leadership and direction to plant maintenance department responsible for repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations. Responsible for eliminating all causes of failure and ensuring full equipment life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. When absent, Maintenance Supervisor will assume the necessary operational and administrative duties.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute plant-specific vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the corporate vision.
- Ensure that all manufacturing / facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
- Direct maintenance team leaders and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting / problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Continuously apply sound mechanical and electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership in implementing / maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
- Manage the buildings and grounds such that good manufacturing practices (GMP) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime / inefficient operational issues.
- Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications and appropriate authorities.
- Ensure environmental compliance.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
- Collaborate directly with human resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Collaborate with finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to insure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered and met.
- Initiate cost savings measures.
- Ensure all plant maintenance operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- 7-10 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 3-5 years Supervisory / Management experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study OR equivalent experience required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and work knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, PLC knowledge a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills. Ability to define problems and resolve quickly
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software
- Basic mathematical and statistical skills
- Basic financial skills and understanding
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties as stated in the Employee Handbook, posted policies, or as assigned by leadership personnel.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been correct