Manager - Maintenance
The successful candidate will have proven experience in all facets of Automotive Vehicle maintenance to support sustainable production as well as new model and/or new equipment introduction is required. The successful candidate needs to have demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Equipment Operation Availability / % OEE improvement
- System development to track current shop conditions
- Identification of key areas of improvement
- Breakdown management
- Understanding of short term vs long term actions
- Systems used to prevent repeat occurrences
- PM / TPM development and implementation
- Reference to past improvement initiatives / % improvements
- Equipment spare parts management
- Critical vs non critical parts determination
- Audit methods to ensure no risk condition
- Training & development
- Assessment of current skills sets
- Training action plans
The successful candidate must be able to build upon previous experiences and take our Maintenance team to the next level. He/she must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics, equipment maintenance, etc... The successful candidate will also have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
- Direct leadership of 4 maintenance crews covering a 24/7 operating capability
- Responsibility formanpowermanagement:
- day to day line support
- in-house repair work
- vacation, OT & weekend work scheduling.
- Defining daily tasks and setting directions for the team
- Interaction with Production and Engineering Groups
- Interaction with customer departments and managers (Production Control, General Assembly, Paint)
- Standard development and creation of procedures and methods
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and minor contractor projects.
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of: all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks; equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical), etc.
- Assist with budget development and reporting.
- Maintain spare parts inventory. Identify and order needed parts, maintain tracking system.
- Training and directing the training of maintenance associates to support production requirements
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 8+ years of experience in maintenance / equipment management / leadership role
- 5+ years of extensive experience with trouble-shooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance - breakdowns and failures
- Experience in team building, coaching and succession planning for technical and engineering personal
- Robotic and controls programming skills (Bonus = Fanuc Robotic systems)
- Maintenance experience in a vehicle assembly shop on a journeyman level. Experience with aluminum car bodies is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing skills and systems development
- Project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient in using a CMMSdatabase
- Open minded , highly flexible, positive attitude
- Good overall people management skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written