A Major established and global company with a good working culture has an opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking manager to join their fast-paced, exciting environment – manufacturing leading-edge equipment and delivering total warehousing solutions. As Manager - Production Equipment Maintenance, you will directly impact the company’s ability to effectively manufacture products across their facilities in both the southern portion of upstate NY and southeast IA.
Using your predictive analytics and Internet of Things skill set, as well as your experience managing complex teams, you will analyze equipment, make maintenance process changes as required, specify and install new capital equipment, and ensure its maximum performance. This is a challenging, high-profile role that offers the opportunity to take your education, experience, and ideas and turn them into reality.
You will have responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance activities across two sites on three shifts, coordinating activities and ensuring knowledge sharing across your organization.
Travel anticipated being around 25%.
- Oversees production equipment maintenance activities across a multi-site organization.
- In conjunction with other departments, implements proactive and predictive maintenance using Industry 4.0 systems and techniques.
- Optimizes effective production equipment management through the use of OEE.
- Defines business-relevant KPIs and regularly communicates their status.
- Negotiates contracts with outside contractors, including service level agreements (SLAs).
- Develops and designs innovative solutions to difficult problems, ensuring contingency and escalation plans are regularly reviewed with Operations management.
- Defines clear goals, objectives, expectations, and standards for the production equipment maintenance program as well as for operations management as it relates to the maintenance program.
- Drives standardization of maintenance best practices and machine-specific troubleshooting knowledge across sites. Raises the bar by questioning processes and auditing maintenance practices.
- Presents project status to senior management and executive-level staff and recommends changes in project direction in response to business requirements.
- Keeps abreast of innovation in maintenance techniques.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to influence senior and executive-level management and others on sensitive or complex technical issues inside and/or outside the department.
- Very strong presentation and organization skills.
- Needed is a bachelor degree with a preference for being an Engineering related degree
- Must have 8 years of related experience with at least 3 of these in leadership or management
- Maintenance Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prefer experience with the following: SAP Plant Maintenance, contract negotiation, management of outside contractors, SLAs, Industry 4.0, condition-based maintenance, TPS methodologies