Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, withunique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2018 Revenue was $12.7B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $9B of SBD annual revenue.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for driving continuous and significant improvements in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, TPM, and OEE in a 24/7 manufacturing plant. This will be achieved by developing a world class organization and methodically implementingthe strategic objectives (a unique combination of strategic planning, strategy deployment, lean management/manufacturing techniques and six sigma tools). The Maintenance Manager is responsible for a team of technicians, maintenance planner, and maintenance clerk.
- Drive rapid, significant and sustainable improvement in on-time delivery, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), and OEE (Organizational Equipment Effectiveness) while assisting the Operations team with lead-time reduction efforts.
- Develop and execute an MRO strategy that supports the division’s overall market-driven business strategy. Specifically, lead expansion of highly successful point of impact manufacturing, Transformative Lean Efforts, and delivery models.
- Lead regular strategy deployment & KPI reviews for the Maintenance team ensuring attainment of results and a sense of urgencywith respect to the strategic implementation priorities.
- Passionately drive continuous improvement culture while implementing the strategic Roadmap to achieve breakthrough performance in quality, delivery, cost, OEE, and growth.
- Build an outstanding team and evolve the organizational structure, as needed, in order to meet and exceed objectives.
- Ensure key Maintenance and Operating metrics, as well as key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking theappropriate measures and driving appropriate response behaviors.
- Periodically present plans and actual results, as well as strategy deployment and KPI progress. Take aggressive action to drive financial performance in the areas of direct and indirect labor, MRO spend, and facilities maintenance.
- Partner with Plant Manager to coordinate operational functions with sales, marketing, design engineering, and other departments.
- Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer-driven priorities.
- Ensure effectively managing the maintenance department budget for the plant and controlling spending with budgetary limits
- Partner with Management to ensure the best possible product and customer satisfaction.
- Play an active and significant role in the Gemba, Capital, and Transformation process.
- Continually benchmark best practices and implement as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering and/or related field experience required.
- 7–10 years maintenance leadership experience with a demonstrated track record of significant performance improvement required.
- Experience in lean culture development and lean tool implementation required.
- Manufacturing maintenance experience in metal fabrication, finishing/machining, and assembly preferred.
- Ability to repair and support most aspects of CNC machinery
- Highly customer responsive.
- Resourceful, combining strong manufacturing and technical abilities with overall management acumen to solve problems, develop strategy, and successfully implement transformative solutions.
- Ability to effectively deploy resources to key priorities.
- Sets high expectations (driven by metrics and countermeasures) for self and the organization.
- Ability and passion to rapidly learn and utilize the business system and achieve objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of theorganization.
- Autonomous and self-directed.
- High degree of credibility and integrity.
- Statistical knowledge and analysis skills
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Background in tool design, build and manufacturing methods
- Familiar with all current health and safety regulations
- Proficient with MS Office; Allen Bradley PLC, Micro-Main or related CMMS system knowledge a plus
In the near term, achieving significant and quantifiable improvement in OEE, lead-times and MRO Costs will be the main criteria for success. Over the longer term, key success criteria include:
- Developing a highly talented maintenance organization.
- Driving significant lean transformation of the maintenance operations.
- Achieving breakthrough and continuous improvements in MRO, OEE, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Some weekend/night availability as needed
- Willing to get trained and update skills as needed
Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and take action. Perform in ways that exceed expectations
Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate toamplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, veterans, and minorities.
US - GTS - Operations
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.