Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry.
Sika has subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and manufactures in over 300 factories. Sika employs more than 25,000 people and generated sales of CHF 8.1 billion in fiscal 2019. At the end of 2019 Sika won the Swiss Technology Award for a ground breaking new adhesive technology.
- Develop and implement a strong and sustainable Preventive Maintenance system. Actively manage and monitor all Preventative Maintenance work performed, while making recommendations to improve the effectiveness of our Preventative Maintenance program and constant improvement in OEE
- Responsible for a competent and efficient Department workforce, which includes the Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Planner, and Shift Mechanics. Manages the use of labor, contractors, and materials to optimize department effectiveness.
- Facilitate, coach, train and guide the Production Department (Managers and Operators) to ensure that they can properly maintain production equipment.
- Supports the Plant Engineering Manager in managing major projects and provide leadership to ensure projects meet their stated objectives in a professional manner, consistent with project parameters of costs, time and scope.
- Enforces company policies regarding Safety, Purchasing, Regulatory compliance, Labor Relations, Internal Controls, etc.
- Coordinate the responsibility of achieving and maintaining ISO14000, ISO9000 and IATF16949 certification in maintenance and process areas.
- Establish goals and performance standards for professional and technical personnel. Provide them with training and professional development.
- Provides support to manufacturing operations with review of technical and business issues
- Develop, monitor and administer departmental budget for Facilities and Maintenance
- Performs other duties as required by the Vice President of Operations.
We Need Your Skills
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), advanced degree desirable
- 10 years’ experience in chemical and industrial environment as well as project management.
- Excellent communicator and proven employee relations skills in all levels
- Knowledge of chemical industry and manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment. Capable of changing priorities as conditions dictate.
- Excellent technical understanding, analysis and problem resolution
Building Trust Every Day
PLEASE PICK 2 - 4 STATEMENTS FOR IN YOUR JOB ADVERT (and delete other statements):
- Trust is the foundation of everything we do at Sika: we trust in the skills, expertise and capabilities of all our employees.
- We reward our employees them with above average freedom and empowerment.
- Sika offers intensive training and development programs for employees who wish to build a long-lasting and rewarding career within the company. We aim to develop our leaders for tomorrow.
- With subsidiaries in 101 countries around the world, Sika is truly an international company.
- Working at Sika can open up many exciting possibilities, and offers employees the opportunity to collaborate with people from all over the world.
- Built on a foundation of pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit, Sika empowers its people to propose and develop new ideas.
- We strive for an environment in which innovation, performance, and mutual respect can develop. We encourage employees to innovate, to respect different opinions, and to align with strategic goals.
- Many of our employees describe their working relationships at Sika as friendly, personable and sincere. We call this the Sika Spirit.
- For such a large company, we have a surprisingly flat hierarchy with direct decision-making processes and decentralized organizational units.
- We offer a competitive and fair employment package with good social benefits in order to attract, motivate and retain highly qualified and engaged employees.
- Sika is committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment. We don’t see barriers or boundaries, only possibilities.
- We firmly believe that the diversity of our workforce is a key contributing factor to our success story.