This position is accountable for all phases of facility assigned projects, including the objectives of technical adequacy, economic feasibility, cost control, timely completion and operating performance. The Maintenance Manager acts as liaison with Corporate Engineering, and manages all outside contractor relationships and projects.
- Analyze assigned projects to assure the proper identification of objectives, problems and opportunities focusing on addressing operability, reliability, & maintainability.
- Communicate information relating to project needs and technical requirements. Convey pertinent data, establish criteria and set project guidelines.
- Prepare cost estimates; Develop specifications and originate the project proposal.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to obtain and evaluate quotes for services/equipment focused on life cycle cost.
- Issue purchase requisitions as necessary.
- Motivate assigned supporting personnel to a higher order of technical accomplishment, developing a team spirit dedicated to project perfection in performance, cost, effectiveness and timing.
- Direct startup and assure all systems are functional.
- Control project costs.
- Set and maintain mechanical and electrical standards for the plant, including corporate standards where applicable.
- Must have a working knowledge of DC and AC drives, PLC function and troubleshooting.
- Where applicable, consult with CIM, Corporate Engineering, and TPM organizations. Responsible for maintaining up to date copies of all PLC programs and software.
- Responsible for all facility maintenance efforts for Plant WQ which include but are not limited to: roof, HVAC, grounds, plumbing/fixtures, building, machine guarding, Infra-red checks, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance team is trained in safely performing all task required in accordance to SMS/SAFE requirements.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state and federal environmental requirements and or permits.
- Responsible for coordinating with Corporate Risk Management in regards to FM Global audits and their recommendations.
- Responsible for all lift truck maintenance for Plants WQ.
- Lead development of PM's to support new equipment installations or significant modifications and assist in optimization of existing PM's to optimize asset performance and life.
- Provide technical support on TPM related items such as equipment specifications and tolerances, operational opportunities, support of root cause analysis (RCA) of significant failures.
- Deploy predictive technologies as appropriate and or available to support the overall TPM efforts.
- Coordinate engineering projects as related to the installation of new equipment or facilities and the improvement, modification, replacement or repair of existing equipment.
- Analyze problems, investigate design and coordinate engineering aspects of projects and develop solutions.
- Manage the facilities supply room
- Drive Results
- Plan and Organize
- Build a Successful Team
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree and experience in Maintenance Supervision/Management/Planning OR High School Diploma/GED and 5+ years experience in Maintenance Supervision/Management/Planning.
- Mechanical or Electrical Degree
- Bilingual in English/Spanish