8 - 10 years experience • Building Materials
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Professional with a minimum of eight plus years working in Maintenance in a Leadership role (Superintendent, Manager etc.). This position is one that will be leading the Maintenance Group (group is roughly 35reports and consists of both Electrical and Mechanical) and also have added responsiblity of mentoring and growing the group. The role is based outside of the Roseburg, OR area in a small town atmosphere. This is an opportunity that offers rapid growth potential and a dynamic stable organization.
The maintenance manager enhances service quality and equipment reliability by improving work systems and optimizing maintenance processes. This position is a key link between the plant maintenance department and the business operations. In this role, the candidate will manage the business and develop the leadership within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages staffing levels, work schedules and job assignments.
- Resolves people issues appropriately in a timely manner and engages appropriate resources (HR, site leadership) when needed.
- Regularly engages employees and develops leaders by providing opportunities and soliciting their ideas for improvement
- Ensures adequate skill depth in team by analyzing strengths and opportunities of the team, and implementing development plans to strengthen the team’s performance.
- Sets and maintain high standards. Once in place ensures that all team members are held to the same high expectations/standards. Leads the department by building capacity in the front line leaders and leading through them. Manages others rather than the day-to-day process.
- Provides input to the monthly and annual planning process.
- Lead the Capital planning and execution process for the site.
- Contractor management (ability to manage all aspects of contractor use for capital and maintenance projects from safe work plans to successful completion of projects).
- Ensures required data systems (CMMS) are operational and used in department decision making and priority setting process
- Ability to determine the key metrics and performance indicators for the department based on the data.
- Advocate for the department yet is a catalyst for the mill or region.
- Minimize repair roles by effectively managing planned maintenance vs. reactive maintenance.
- Implements structured PM, PDM and root cause failure analysis systems
- Vibration analysis
- Tribology/oil analysis
- Infrared thermography
- Understand motors, motor controls, process controls, ability to read ladder logic
- Electrical and automation knowledge
- Basic PLC / automation understand (i.e. ability to read ladder logic, etc.)
- At least basic understanding of NFPA 70e electrical safety / arc flash procedures
- Understands all aspects of the manufacturing process (raw material usage, recovery, quality, machinery, etc.)
- Has demonstrated experience with manufacturing processes both operational and mechanical.
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance planning, scheduling, and scheduling for critical path
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Computer & software skillsDemonstrates a basic understanding of employmentlaws such as FMLA, ADA etc.
- Effectively uses Microsoft applications
- Visually adept at and with drawings, 2D and 3D.
- AutoCAD skills a plus; trainable preferred
- Effectively utilizes software specific to maintenance management
- Effectively implements and uses CMMS
- Complies with regulatory requirements including Hazardous Materials, OSHA, Clean Water/Air Act, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Knowledge of labor agreements and understands the grievance and arbitration process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree ideal but will consider ample experience in place of it
- Eight years or more experience in a maintenance leadership role
- Minimum of five plus years of experience working in Management with multiple direct reports
- MUST have experience working in Maintenance having both Mechanical and Electricalresponsibilities/knowledge
- Project management experience
- MUST demonstrate job stability and growth
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in Wood Products however will consider candidates out of high speed automated manufacturing
Willing to relocate and will provide relocation assistance. For immediate consideration, please submit a word document resume directly through this posting.