What if your job had a real impact?
By joining Bonduelle, the world leader in ready-to-use plant-based food, you are deciding to make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, others, and the planet. You will play an active part in our mission: "inspire the transition toward a plant-based diet to contribute to people's well-being and planet health". Bonduelle is a family-run company of 14,600 people which provides over 100 countries with vegetables.
Well established in the United States, our business unit includes 4 production facilities with more than 3,200 associates. We process fresh vegetables, salads and meal solutions with our own brands: Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts® and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™. Join us at Bonduelle to start an adventure where people come first and contribute to a better future through plant-based food!
Under direction of the Sr. Operations Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. The Maintenance Manager will directly oversee the Maintenance and Facilities staff at both the Florence, NJ and Swedesboro, NJ locations. The Maintenance Manager will follow corporate policies with regards to all plant maintenance activities including storeroom operations and parts procurement, facility / maintenance and fabrication
What you will Do:
- Oversee all work and responsibilities of the Facilities and Maintenance departments, ensuring teams have the best resources available to complete their duties and enforcing all corporate safety procedures.
- Regularly identify areas opportunity to reduce equipment downtime and implement maintenance strategies to increase equipment reliability; empowering your team to identify areas requiring improvement and make recommendation for corrective actions.
- Support the Corporate Safety program and ensures all documentation is gathered and submitted; review all Accident investigation reports and ensures that corrective actions are issued when necessary.
- Manage external Maintenance and Facilities vendors and contractor, including reviewing proposals, quotes, bids and prices; ensure that all Maintenance contractors follow corporate Safety procedures and their insurance coverage complies with corporate requirements.
- Review the mechanic utilization reports and initiates actions that lead to the improvement of mechanic effectiveness; review maintenance work backlogs and prioritizes jointly with the Maintenance Supervisors schedules to support operation’s needs; reviews equipment downtime reports and takes action to improve equipment performance.
- Ensure effective communication between all Maintenance and Facilities personnel.
- Audit Preventive Maintenance programs on an on-going basis and makes changes to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs;
- Ensure that equipment history is developed through the implementation and upkeep of a work order in our ERP system.
- Perform regular audits of the maintenance shop, the boneyard and chemical storage practices to ensure that tools and equipment are organized and stored properly, and ensure proper labeling according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Develop the Maintenance department training needs, ensure that adequate funding is allocated to support the identified needs, and develops back-up positions and bench strength to ensure continuity and proper coverage.
- Review mechanic overtime reports and takes actions to improve manpower utilization, maintain the maintenance budget.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships between all levels of management and maintenance associates.
- Reviews and approves all corrective actions; prepares and issues performance reviews to all associates under his supervision.
- Effectively select, train, develop, motivate, manage and control a subordinate staff and ensure efficient operations and maximum service.
- Regularly review and update all department SOPs, including work order processes and daily maintenance requirements.
- Administer personnel policy in accordance with corporate policy and procedures.
- Provide coaching, training and feedback for each supervisor and/or staff member as needed. Develop formalized actions plans which detail supervisor’s areas for growth.
- Tactical planning and execution of sustainable activities to achieve daily departmental goals.
- Enforces Good Manufacturing Practices to comply with SQF and regulatory program requirements, support QA and Foreign Object prevention programs, and reports any concerns, issues or problems regarding food safety and security to appropriate staff.
What you will Need:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred; 5-7 years of experience in facilities and maintenance management required.
- Advanced knowledge in managing a multi-craft maintenance department required, in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
- In depth knowledge of preventive maintenance program development and implementation, maintenance work prioritization and scheduling required.
- Working knowledge of operating budgets and knowledge in analyzing and forecasting variances, spreadsheet and software programs required.
- In-depth knowledge of all OSHA, Safety, FDA, Food Quality and GMP requirements as they pertain to maintenance and facilities activities as a consumer goods processing facility required.
- In-depth knowledge of Continuous Improvement initiatives such as Lean and TMP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent project management skills.
- Must have strong leadership/interpersonal skills overseeing large teams.
- Must be able to identify challenges and opportunities, then deploy tactical and leadership strategies to develop, implement, measure and monitor sustainable activities.
- Must be able to interact and collaborate with peers and participate in the development and cohesiveness of the business unit team.
- Must have strong accountability and follow-through skills.
- Must be cross trained in the various functions of the Quality Assurance department and must be knowledgeable on the QA standard operating procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, ability to climb stairs numerous times a day.
- Ability to work prolonged hours in a wet, refrigerated environment.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet the demands of a fast-paced, 24 hour plant environment
Related Success Metrics:
- Overtime %
- Excellence- ability to deliver consistent quality results through sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
- People-minded- ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrates listening skills and ensures physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity- honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
- Fairness- ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
- Confidence – ability to delegate and foster a team spirit.
- Open Mindedness – being available, being tolerant and promoting creativity.
- Simplicity - Promoting common sense; maintaining cordial relations on a day-to-day basis
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to temperatures between 30-40 degrees. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.