SUMMARY: To manage all aspects of the maintenance function supporting plant operations in production of high quality products to support the Strategic Plan. This involves management of maintenance technology and resources to plan and execute preventive maintenance and repair problems that will result in efficient and cost effective operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in implementing/maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
- Direct maintenance supervisor and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost and customer service. This includes review of work schedule, equipment and supplies required to perform the maintenance scheduled, and prepare for operations including: safety checks, repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance assignments.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting/problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and to limit downtime.
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise the installation of equipment/procurement of utilities, and movement/relocation of equipment.
- Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
- Ensure all plant maintenance operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Perform other work as required and necessary
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
This position supervises all maintenance staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in the maintenance of a process manufacturing facility, paper or packaging industry preferred
- 10+ years Supervisory/Management experience establishing department priorities, goals and lead team to execution
- Project Engineering skills required
- Experience implementing predictive/preventive maintenance programs preferred
- Experience making data driven decisions
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Have expertise or proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email and spreadsheets
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Basic financial skills and understanding
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly be able to move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds -- Category III
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.