PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for daily supervision, monitoring and coaching of employees to ensure a productive workforce in compliance with company policies. Responsibilities include work planning, on-the-job training, arranging for maintenance work, inspections, and initiating requisitions for procurement of tools, materials, equipment and parts from vendors and services from contractors. Responsibilities include calibration and storage of instrument test and measuring equipment and ensuring personnel are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable Standards and Procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the organization and direction of the maintenance department. Communicate with the Plant Manager on a routine basis to ensure high standards are maintained and management expectations are met.
- Establish and evaluate trends, goals and performance indicators, communicate goals and take appropriate actions based on trends.
- Responsible for management oversight of all station outages including planning, scheduling and budgetary control.
- Ensure implementation of corporate and station policies.
- Ensure the generation and implementation of meeting daily and weekly schedules.
- Plan, establish and implement the department budget. Duties include approve purchase requests, monitor and adjust as necessary.
- Communicate with other departments both onsite and offsite to resolve management problems, achieve goals and maximize use of resources.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering with minimum 10 years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree with minimum 10 professional years experience with 5 at the supervisory level OR
- H. S. Diploma with minimum 12 years professional experience with 5 at the supervisory level
- Minimum of 8 years power plant (or related) experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience
- At least one of the following: Maintenance OR Engineering OR Project Management
- Professional Certification or Recognition
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of industrial ops.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Local government regulations as they apply to power plant operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of complex projects with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated leadership ability of high performance work teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage costs.
- Demonstrated PC skills including knowledge and proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Masters Degree in business, engineering or related field
- Multi-site experience
- Multi-departmental experience
- Operations experience
- Collective bargaining experience
- Position reports to Plant Manager