The Maintenance Leader is responsible for performance and continued growth of the Compton, CA manufacturing facility, including the safety of all employees, process optimization, and training and development. The successful Maintenance Leader provides leadership that enables team members to excel at meeting all safety, quality, and productivity expectations. He/she is accountable for building an engaged workforce characterized by mutual trust, open communication, teamwork, and recognition that positively impacts the plant performance.
The Maintenance Leader will lead with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years and consistently deliver results to achieve that view, lead with a decision making approach that models and teaches the proper inclusion of analytics, team ideas and personal experiences, communicate in a way that positive shapes customer, team member and community action, and build the OC talent pipeline by growing all team members and recruiting the best of the best.
This role is essential to the Compton facility.
Span of control: 16-20 employees
Living the Safety stand and adhering to safety responsibilities
- Ensures a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment, and builds a culture where safety is the number one priority.
- Leads and supports safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero injuries.
- Assists and provides safety training as qualified.
- Maintains plant housekeeping expectations to ensure a safe plant environment.
- Participates in the investigation of safety incidents and leads root cause analysis to drive for permanent resolution.
- Reports and investigates injuries, first aids and near misses.
Leadig, Developing and Executing Maintenance Strategies
- Serves as a full owner in the development and execution of the plant business strategy and plant operation plans.
- Ensures the maintenance strategy for the plant aligns with the business strategy and operation plans
- Prepares capital budget forecasts, cost estimates and operational plan for plant improvements.
- Effectively manages all capital projects/installations and delivers committed results in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintains budget (labor, contractor, repair & replacement) and inventory of spare parts in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Optimizes energy balance and utility usage and deploys plant-wide energy savings plan.
- Develops and monitors measures for maintenance of equipment to support business objectives of the plant.
- Designs and implements effective PM (Preventive Maintenance) plan to sustain and enhance plant facility reliability; Ensures that the PM plan reflects the equipment and system changeover, aging and modifications.
- Reviews the daily RWP (Reliability Work Process) process to prioritize the operations and maintenance tasks and ensure timely and efficient support to other functions.
- Secures Emergency System and utility readiness through internal and external communications, drills and regular overhauls and loaded test for applicative equipments.
- Plans and executes RWP and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) to achieve sustained facility reliability
- Leads focus improvement, planned maintenance, and quality maintenance initiatives as well as the relevant training programs.
- Successfully engages employees across the organization to participant and contribute to TPM through strategies such as communication, training, etc.
Knowing our customers
- Develops and implements procedures and systems to ensure equipment consistently meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Understands and communicates customer expectations to the team, and ensures all products meet customer standards and requirements.
Leading and developing talent
- Engages all teams to collaboratively own the success of the business by contributing to continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, cost, productivity, etc.
- Regularly evaluates the strengths and development opportunities of the team, as well as invests in the growth and development of team members to achieve sustained success.
- Effectively staffs the team by leveraging the appropriate mix of internal and external talent to satisfy both near-term performance and long-term succession needs
- Provides candid feedback on expectations and performance to. members of the team on a regular basis, and drives appropriate actions for further improvement.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders to ensure team members are well trained and up to date on certifications required to perform the full scope of the job.
- Builds and leads effective work teams and committees to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitors and enforces all plant and corporate policies and procedures.
Leading across the plant/division
- Drives alignment between plant departments.
- Shares best practices across plants, challenges thinking and provides candid and respectful feedback; sets an example for the organization of how teamwork and partnerships should look.
- Is seen as a great leader across the plant, driving engagement and supporting cross-functional projects and teams.
- Is seen as a leader amongst peers across sister plants.
- Assists the plant leader with other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Engineering or related field strongly preferred). Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a manufacturing or technical environment; heavy manufacturing in a continual flow process or paper industry, preferred.
- Industrial Mechanical and Electrical background, with a minimum of 3 years leadership responsibilities.
- Experience, knowledge or formal training in Six Sigma (Green/Black Belt).
- CMRP Certification preferred.
- Experience of successfully leading TPM execution.
- A proven track record of driving results by engaging others.
- Previous experience/proficiency with navigating maintenance management systems (i.e. Maximo, SAP).
- Proficiency with utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- A proven track record of driving results by engaging others.
- Demonstrated success in building a team and developing people.
- Demonstrated ability to organize/lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and continuous improvement experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong safety focus
- Strong technical acumen
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization
- Acts on analysis
- Engages self and others in learning
- Thinks strategically
- Customer oriented
- Competitively drive results
- Follows through on commitments and promises
- Develops People
- Inspires and energizes others
- Collaborates and fosters team work
- Generates Ideas.