- Supervise, train, and cross-train maintenance staff in all areas of the operation. Must be able to develop mechanics' skill and/or provide training to further their skill level to improve individual and facility performance.
- Practice safe work habits. Follow proper lock out tag out procedures as required. Completes all OSHA required training as required and corrects any unsafe conditions as necessary. Issues discipline as required for unsafe acts.
- Responds to calls from line supervisors or operators to repair equipment as needed.
- Performs package change-overs on equipment as required.
- Schedule preventative maintenance on equipment as required.
- Participates daily in meetings and reports maintenance department objectives and opportunities.
- Works with Production Manager to analyze downtime data to prevent or minimize recurring issues and improve on process.
- Delivers consistent superior product quality by enforcing quality standards; maintaining HACCP and GMP's.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Maximizes equipment operation by developing and scheduling preventive maintenance; organizing change-overs.
- Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Insures fair, equitable and respectful treatment of all employees.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or a four year degree in business, supply chain management, logistics or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in related field. Experience in the beverage industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
- Ability to read schematics.
- PLC experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Kaizen.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and training.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical, and problem-thinking skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit, stand walk for long lengths of time; must be able to bend repeatedly
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-time Company Profile About Shasta
Since its founding in 1889, Shasta Beverages, Inc. has been a beverage industry pioneer and family-trusted staple in America, with over 30 unique, innovative and distinctive soft drink flavors. Shasta has a flavor for everyone -- ranging from the new California Dreamin' and Fiesta Punch to such familiar favorites as Crème Soda and Root Beer. For more information, please visit www.shastapop.com or Shasta Soda on Facebook and Twitter.
Shasta is part of the National Beverage Corp. family of iconic brands. Shift975