Liberty Tire Recycling has an immediate opening for an Industrial Maintenance Manager at our Midlothian, TX facility. Liberty Tire Recycling is the premier company in the tire recycling industry, helping customers meet their environmental goals by collecting and recycling nearly half of North America's scrap tires through a network of facilities located in the United States and Canada. Liberty provides high quality rubber feedstock for value added products and materials such as mulch, playground material, turf in-fill, and rubberized asphalt.
The Industrial Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all plant equipment, preventative and predictive maintenance programs, equipment reliability, revisions to existing equipment and process improvement. The position also performs other duties as required to promote overall plant productivity and safety effectiveness.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with troubleshootingelectrical, mechanical, and fluid power equipment of plant.
- Directs the development and deployment of preventive/predictive maintenance programs.
- Works closely with Production Supervisor/Managers on all problems and improvements related to machine throughput.
- Ensures manufacturing processes are capable with respect to quality specifications.
- Maintains records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed and assures proper data entry into plant maintenance system.
- Determines capabilities and limitations of process equipment in order to improve rates and efficiencies.
- Improves product cost through productivity and efficiency improvements: yield, rate, and uptime.
- Schedules work to be performed based on routine preventive maintenance inspections.
- Procures parts necessary to complete repairs within assigned limits. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Site Manager.
- Assists with ordering, verification, and inventory of parts.
- Maintains a safe and productive work environment.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for directing, training, and developing maintenance staff employees.
- Coordinates work of all mechanics, including delegation of jobs, answering specific technical questions, and monitoring progress of work (including quality and quantity).
- Participates in hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management decisions.
- Reviews work orders, assigns tasks to employees, and verifies the quality of work performed.
- Coaches mechanics on techniques and procedures.
- Conducts employee observations. Discusses findings with employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Position will report to a Site Manager.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience performing electrical and mechanical maintenance in a manufacturing /industrial environment.
- Previous experience in overseeing a maintenance crew to ensure that all production equipment is maintained and operating properly.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all employees in the facility, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of machinery and tools used, including welding equipment and electrical work.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations and implementation of safety regulations.
- Candidates should have a good driving record.