Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Manager for our lumber mill in Dequincy, LA. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading and supporting reliability within the operation. You will be a technical resource that provides and shares expertise of equipment, options to improve maintenance and operating practices, and opportunities to advance use of technology. You will be responsible for managing numerous reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide direction to team to successfully execute the work flow process
- Create a culture that drives ownership and continuous improvement at the craftsman level
- Direct the supervision of all plant maintenance functions involving equipment, buildings, systems and grounds to include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pipe fitting, and welding
- Develop and implement predictive and preventive maintenance strategies
- Schedule, and execute maintenance activities for assigned equipment to maximize availability of equipment and meet specific needs of customers
- Provide support for troubleshooting and resolving daily problems
- Create and execute plans to meet changing needs of the operation
- Develop the technical competency of his/her team
- Apply knowledge of innovative technology available, industry trends and development to improve the operation
- Ensure all assigned workers, including contractors, are performing their tasks safely, productively, and in full compliance will all applicable regulations and policies.
- Continuously review the PM program for the assigned equipment to determine effectiveness and fully optimize
- Enter, update, review, and close work orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assess employee performance, including technical skills and knowledge
- Monitor all equipment downtime and determine root cause
- Provide emergency supervisory services if required for breakdown as required
- Enforce a safe work environment and ensure maintenance personnel are practicing safe work practices
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Seven (7) or more years of maintenance experience, in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge and experience of maintenance planning, scheduling, and coordination
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Working knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote and enforce safe work practices.
- Working experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC based operations and maintenance programs